Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aptus 75 compact flash compatibility  (Read 2250 times)

torger

Aptus 75 compact flash compatibility
« on: April 17, 2012, 02:57:52 pm »

I finally got myself a second-hand Leaf Aptus 75. Now I'm trying to figure out the newest and largest compact flash cards I can use with this. It has the firmware 4.700 which I think is the latest.

I tried it with an old Sandisk Ultra II 1.0 gigabyte, no problem. A Sandisk Extreme Pro 90 MB/s UDMA6 16 gigabyte did not work so well though, the back locked up. Not sure if it is the speed or the size that is the problem.

Preferably I'd like to use it with a 32 gigabyte 60 MB/s Sandisk Extreme UDMA, but I'm not sure if it will work. Before ordering one I'd like to ask here and see if there is any Aptus user that knows. I know some old Phase backs has 8 gigabyte limit, haven't found similar information about Leaf backs though.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:52:24 pm by torger »

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: Aptus 75 compact flash compatibility
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 06:00:37 pm »

Congrats!

You can use this article as a guide (and follow the included link for instructions on how to format the cards)

Note that the back will not take advantage of the added speed of UDMA cards as UDMA support was first introduced in the Aptus S model, so you might want to save a few shillings by not going with the latest and greatest

Personally I prefer smallish cards as they reduce the risk of loosing a lot of data in case of damage/ loss/ theft etc. My biggest card is 8GB...

BR

Yair
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

torger

Re: Aptus 75 compact flash compatibility
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 01:25:38 am »

Thanks Yair.

I had managed to find that but since it said that my Extreme Pro should work I assumed it was only applicable to the latest Aptus II backs. However, I tested to reformat my Extreme Pro card and then it worked, so it was a user error :-).
Pages: [1]   Go Up