Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunset at Putrajaya Malaysia  (Read 2465 times)

syibli

Sunset at Putrajaya Malaysia
« on: April 17, 2012, 12:43:48 am »

Hello Everyone,  :)

My name is Syibli and I'm from Malaysia. I'm new here,hope to learn from everyone here  ;D

Anyway here are some of my photo from Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Any comments or critics for improvement are welcomed.  ;)

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
Re: Sunset at Putrajaya Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 02:54:58 pm »

Syibli

Welcome to the LL Forum, on behalf of everybody here. And thank you for posting your very dramatic photographs.

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

syibli

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 09:58:31 pm »

Thank you John  ;D

rambler44

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 09:40:05 am »

Great shots.  The pier provides nice lines leading our eyes right back into the sunset.  The foreground is effective. Wonderful colors. I realy like the way those rays rise up in #2 toward the blue sky.  Were you using a filter?

In #1 notice how the structure at the end of the pier overlaps the building in the background.  Not only will it add depth, but also will give more shape to the pier building if you have space between the two.  You would have just had to move over to your left a few strides.  So, take note of how foreground elements line up with elements in the rear.  

In #2 notice how you can clearly see the right part of the building at the end of the pier, the part that sticks straight out, yet on the other side it blends right into the background and is not nearly as evident.  With the clear background (sky) the building details are clearer.  A view sightly to your left would have gotten both sides of the building in front of the clear space of the sky behind it.  Of course, you goal here was probably to have the walkway nicely centered, so the building ends up as it is.  Anyway, just keep looking at the relationship of foreground elements to the background.  

Next, again in #1 look at the water.  Small waves are visible.  Another look would be to use a smaller aperture and therefore, a slower shutter speed, and those waves would flatten out into a silky effect.  It would just give you another alternative as to how you want the water to look.  It might look like the water under the pier to the left in photo #2., ie. almost smooth.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:52:43 am by rambler44 »

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 12:19:23 am »

Loved the second one.

I'm just a beginner like you in photography so I played around with the first one. I couldn't resist - apologies if I screwed it up!
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.

francois

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 06:39:18 am »

The second photo is stunning. It has all the right ingredients to be successful. The first photo is also vibrant but - on my display - I find the yellows a bit on the strong side. Other than that, it's a perfectly nice photo too.

Welcome!
Francois

syibli

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 12:31:08 am »

Thank you for your comments guys :)

rambler : Yes, I'm using GND8 for the 2nd photo. Thank you very much for your constructive comments. A good suggestion to make the photo greater. Will take note on that  ;D

Saressh : Thank you saressh :), as for your editing.. IMHO, a bit to much?? ehehe

Francois : Thank you Fancois :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up