Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GC trails  (Read 1487 times)

armand

• Photos
GC trails
« on: April 16, 2012, 06:15:40 pm »

few shots from Grand Canyon, focused on trails  ;)

popnfresh

Re: GC trails
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:07:32 pm »

I don't know what it is about the Grand Canyon, but I've never seen a photograph of it that's really impressed me. That includes ones done by the "greats", like Ansel Adams. I know there must be a kickass GC picture out there somewhere, but I've yet to run across it.

Mjollnir

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 12:46:22 pm »

I don't know what it is about the Grand Canyon, but I've never seen a photograph of it that's really impressed me. That includes ones done by the "greats", like Ansel Adams. I know there must be a kickass GC picture out there somewhere, but I've yet to run across it.

I've always thought this one was pretty great (although I would have PP'd it differently).  Shows how fantastic the Panny 7-14mm is, as well.

http://500px.com/photo/2029636

Mjollnir

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 12:47:16 pm »

few shots from Grand Canyon, focused on trails  ;)

I like the second shot if for no other reason than it gives one an idea of just what hiking in the canyon involves.

popnfresh

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 05:58:28 pm »

I've always thought this one was pretty great (although I would have PP'd it differently).  Shows how fantastic the Panny 7-14mm is, as well.

http://500px.com/photo/2029636

You're right, that one is pretty darn good.

I think one of the problems with shooting the GC has to do with its sheer size. The distances involved are so great, atmospheric haze tends to take over and wash out the shot. But you found a good one, I'll grant you that.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 06:02:37 pm by popnfresh »

armand

• Photos
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 07:05:53 pm »

I think there is a lot of potential there, after all it's huge. My problem is that I had no time to go off the beaten path to find something really good, maybe the pano that I posted here was made from a spot where not everybody goes to. And as you and others say, that haze is pretty much all over, maybe less in the winter?

armand

• Photos
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 07:42:09 pm »

This reminds of a couple more shots that I wanted some opinions about  ;D

popnfresh

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 11:01:56 am »

I think there is a lot of potential there, after all it's huge. My problem is that I had no time to go off the beaten path to find something really good, maybe the pano that I posted here was made from a spot where not everybody goes to. And as you and others say, that haze is pretty much all over, maybe less in the winter?

Probably the first hours after a rain storm would be the best time to shoot in minimal haze.
Pages: [1]   Go Up