Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems Printing on the Canon IPF 8300  (Read 1975 times)

itsdchlorine

Problems Printing on the Canon IPF 8300
« on: April 16, 2012, 03:36:15 am »

Hello,

I came by this forum through a search on google and I'm hoping some experienced minds can help me out. I have a Canon IPF 8300 and for some reason I have problems printing consistently on this plotter. By "consistently" I mean in terms of sending the file. The quality of my prints are awesome and I love it. However, in terms of files, it becomes a hit and miss at times. I have a small business where I get jobs from architecture students, photo students, photographers and graphic designers. I receive .jpeg, RAW, .pdf, etc. I can print most file types easily, but when it comes to PDFs I have a hard time printing consistently. Some times, the file will be sent right away and others it would and not send at all. Did I not set up my plotter correctly? Or are there settings to make sending files faster? I've also noticed that printing to PDF helps send files easier, but how can I send large PDF files to plot let's say files greater than 100 mbs. Anyways, thank you for your time and hope you can help me with my problem.

-Kevin

Scott Martin

• Onsight
Re: Problems Printing on the Canon IPF 8300
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 10:32:51 am »

I'd keep it simple and open your PDF files in Photoshop at the size they will be printed at. Photoshop will render your PDF and you will be able to proof/check it prior to printing. I'd then print with the Photoshop Plug-in.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

Darrel

Re: Problems Printing on the Canon IPF 8300
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 06:54:44 pm »

Try Foxit Reader, I have had issues with Adobe reader, not to mention the bloat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up