Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Fotoman 617 MkII-L  (Read 2517 times)

ghostrider

FS: Fotoman 617 MkII-L
« on: April 13, 2012, 10:20:53 am »

I have a lightly used full Fotoman 617 MkII-L kit for sale. I love this camera, but with work and a 2 year old, I simply don't have the time to take it out to play. I pains me to sell it because I really do enjoy it, but I have to be honest with myself in that I just don't have the time. It is equipped with a Nikon 90 f/4.5 and a Nikon 180 f/5.6 lenses and cone assemblies. The spare assembly also has the rear cone cap. You get everything that you need...

• Fotoman 617 MkII-L body
  • Nikon 90 f/4.5 lens and cone assembly with helical focus mount
  • Nikon 180 f/5.6 lens and cone assembly with helical focus mount
  • Rear cone cap
  • Fotoman viewfineder with 90mm and 180mm 617 masks. (I have 75mm, 90mm, and 180mm 4x5 masks as well that you are welcome to have if I can find them. The viewfinder is handy to carry around to scout the shot before setting up.)
  • Fotoman rangefinder
  • Bubble level
  • Fotoman magnetic ground glass
  • Fotoman spanner wrench + wrench's tin case
  • Custom foam molded hard carrying case (fits body + 90mm lens + cone + viewfinder + rangefinder + bubble level + cable release)
  • 82mm circular polarizer for Nikon 90mm f/4.5 (not pictured)
  • 67mm circular polarizer for Nikon 180 f/5.6 (not pictured)

Everything is in excellent shape except that there is one very subtle scratch on the rear element of the 90mm. It is incredibly hard to see with the naked eye and is only visible if the light catches it just right because it is extremely superficial, but I want to be as honest as possible so I'm disclosing it. It's about 1/8" away from the edge of the glass and in no way affects the image. It was due to an overzealous cleaning by me. I did my best to photograph it and make it very contrasty so it is evident. In fact, it looks considerably worse in the photo than it actually does in person.

Both lenses are extremely clean and clear, otherwise, and produce sharp photos.

I paid just over $3900 for this entire setup and I'm looking for $3400 + whatever the actual shipping cost is. Pay Pal only please. I'll pay the fees.

I'd prefer to sell the whole kit together but I might be willing to sell some stuff separately if it makes sense. For example, if you already have a Fotoman with a wide angle lens and you want to buy the 180 lens and cone assembly. PM me with what you're looking for and I'll give you a price.

mike gannon

Re: FS: Fotoman 617 MkII-L
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 01:33:40 pm »

i am interested in your fotoman,still a little nushure about which is a better  kit fuji, horseman bla bla bla.

ghostrider

Re: FS: Fotoman 617 MkII-L
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 01:38:58 pm »

Thanks, Mike but it's already been sold.

I don't have any experience with the Horseman but I much prefer the Fotoman to the Fuji. The Fotoman is a fantastic and versatile camera with a very solid build. You wouldn't be disappointed if you went with it. I really loved using it when I could get out. *sigh*

Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up