Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving from V to H  (Read 6650 times)

Chris Livsey

Re: Moving from V to H
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 10:34:48 am »

pflower and david, many thanks. The consensus seems to be H has no substantial advantage, or disadvantage, than V handheld. The caveats of technique and the superiority of WLF in both appear to be the deciding factors. I suppose in looking to change no worse is OK. It is not my first priority but was important.
FWIW I did some tests, subjective  ;), using WLF on the V and was convinced that 1/30th was usable, especially with bracketing, if great care and attention was taken. (100mm Planar at infinity using some transmitter aerials we conveniently have about 5 miles away.)
I have obviously been too slapdash with the digital back and Doug was right, I am tempted to add as usual, oh go on I will, even the "soft" are acceptable for say web viewing but you wouldn't want to print them larger than 10 x 8.
Many thanks to all contributors I do, and I'm sure others as well, appreciated these civilised discussions here.

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 01:55:29 pm »

Chris

I'm glad that everybody's comments were helpful. And I don't disagree that used H3D-39s are great value at the moment - you get a camera, DB and 80mm lens for around £6,500 or even less. With autofocus and metering as well, even. That's kind of hard to ignore, especially when you can still use your V lenses with an adaptor.

Enjoy your H-System upgrade!

John
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:30:36 pm by John R Smith »
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

henrikfoto

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 04:44:30 pm »

I think it's a very good reason that the H3 kits are sold cheap. It's well known that there has been a lot
of problems with these cameras. I wouldn't touch any of the H3's even if the prices are tempting.

Buy a H2 with any back or save a little longer and go for the H4. It will save you a lot of problems.

Henrik

Nick-T

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 06:59:46 pm »

A couple of points...

I switched from V to H some time ago.

The mirror slap is less on H than V. There seems to be a perception that the H has more slap/vibration than V but this is not the case, I have seen the actual measured data that shows this, perception aside.

The H is IMO much easier to get sharp images with handheld than the V, I put this down to the AF, Eye level finder which is really rather good and less mirror slap.

An H3 will be no more or less reliable than an H2. I don't have any data for the h$ reliability so can't comment there.

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

happyman

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 12:51:18 am »

I think it's a very good reason that the H3 kits are sold cheap. It's well known that there has been a lot
of problems with these cameras. I wouldn't touch any of the H3's even if the prices are tempting.

Buy a H2 with any back or save a little longer and go for the H4. It will save you a lot of problems.

Henrik

You think? Well known/lot of problems?
Tell me about your first hand experience with these.
My H3D is rock solid.

henrikfoto

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 02:56:49 am »

You think? Well known/lot of problems?
Tell me about your first hand experience with these.
My H3D is rock solid.

I have owned the H1, H2, H3 and now I have the H4x.
When I had the H3 I had constant problems. The same had my friend who isdoing fascion.
He had 3 H3 cameras and 1 or 2 were constantly on service. Some months ago he sold all
at very low prices. Just because this is a well known problem.

Of course this does not mean that all of these H3 cameras will have problems.
But I would never buy one again.

Henrik
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up