Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar P3, 54S FO, 90mm Sinaron - COMPLETE SYSTEM - Price Reduced.  (Read 4253 times)

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv

Now up for auction:

http://bit.ly/IhBUaD

65 Photos available at http://www.streetwisecreative.com/client/ebay/sinar

This system is fully functional and was in use as recently as February 2012. The studio is downsizing and I need to sell this great system. It was purchased new, for $52,000, in the Spring of 2003. I am the original owner and know this systems’ history and usage. It has been an excellent camera and has always been used in the studio (via tethered fiber optical cable). The system also comes with a Bronica ETRS camera and adapter. This allows for greater mobility for portraits or fashion. Our use was primarily with the P3 and the 90mm Sinaron lens. (We originally purchased the kit with a 100mm Sinaron, but quickly discovered that the 90mm had a much larger image circle which we needed for in-camera perspective control.) The 90mm CMV lens alone retails for $4,710 new ($4,225 in 2003).

The components:

Sinar P3 - This camera just came back from Bron Imaging and was overhauled to factory specs. Three of the five fluid levels were replaced, and the gear drives have been lubed and adjusted. It is very tight and feels like brand new. The standard bellows unit has some signs of use but is light tight and has lots of usage left on it. (A new bellows sells for $290 from Calumet Photo if this is a concern). This camera sells for $8,595 at Calumet Photo.

Sinar 54S Single-Shot 22mp back. It was sent to Bron Imaging in January for a top-down cleaning. This has been an extraordinary back and excels at longer exposures because of the fan cooling. It has a great reputation as a fine-art reproduction back too. I have used it for that type of work and can attest to the quality of image that it provides. There are no dead pixels. The only cosmetic issue is that the sheathing on the interface cable broke and was glued.

Sinar Sinaron Digital 90mm f/5.6 CMV Lens - Glass is in Flawless condition. As mentioned, this lens sells for $4,710 from Calumet Photo. It has a nice large image circle which allows for greater perspective controls on the P3, depending on the subject. For me, it is furniture, so controls are important. There are no issues with this lens.

Magma PCI interface - This is the controller that allows the 54H back to interface with the Powerbook G4. It comes with two PCMCIA cards. There is also a separate proprietary PCI card which was used in an older MAC G4 machine. Magma now makes the ExpressBox 3T which connects to the Thunderbolt socket on the newer MACs which allows for the 54H to interface with an Intel-based MAC. I have not tested it with a newer system however, so there’s no guarantee on that front.

PowerMac G4 1.67Ghz 1GB RAM 100GB Drive - Purchased in 2005, it has some signs of wear associated with laptops. It will come with a clean installation of OS X Leopard (no discs) and Sinar CaptureShop. The system will be tested, prior to shipping. The main issue with this computer is that there is a vertical blue line on the right side that is associated with the display. It started this behavior in December 2011 and I have no idea why. Also, the battery no longer holds a charge for long. See photos that show what I’m talking about. Laptop includes neoprene sleeve and original Panther / OS9 install discs.

Bronica ETRS w/ 75mm and 150mm lens + Sinar Bronica Adapter - Camera is in good working order with some scuff marks on the Prism Finder.  There are some seldom used 120mm backs and a Polaroid holder for those who wish to reminisce about the past.

LunaStar Flash Meter F2 - Always a great accessory to have!

Pelican 1610 Travel Case w/ wheels - This case was used to store the camera, back, and lens while in the studio. It has a lot of life left. New foam for it runs about $65 from B&H.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:22:38 am by Streetwise »

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
Re: Sinar P3, 54H, 90mm Sinaron - COMPLETE SYSTEM
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 09:41:01 am »

Price Reduced!

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
Re: Sinar P3, 54S FO, 90mm Sinaron - COMPLETE SYSTEM - Price Reduced.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:24:50 am »

A bit embarrassing, but the Sinar back for sale is the 54S Single Shot model. I thought that all were considered 54H, but in two different flavors (single and multi-shot). My mistake and a apologize for the bad info!

henrikfoto

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 02:57:25 pm »

What is the price for the P3 and the lens?

Henrik

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 04:51:42 pm »

Henrik,  Check your PM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up