Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lake Garda Meeting Optimist Class  (Read 1780 times)

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
Lake Garda Meeting Optimist Class
« on: April 10, 2012, 05:58:45 am »

Some shots...

M8 + Summarit 2.5/90 or Super-Elmar 3.8/18
Capture One 6
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:27:42 am by Roberto Frieri »

Fips

• some unrelated photos on flickr
Re: XXX Lake Garda Meeting Optimist Class
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 06:06:31 am »

I love sailing pics! More please. The ones in color are a bit too dark for my tast and maybe a bit too much vingnetting on the first one. Would be nicer if one could see more of the girls face.

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
Re: XXX Lake Garda Meeting Optimist Class
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 03:20:30 am »

I love sailing pics! More please. The ones in color are a bit too dark for my tast and maybe a bit too much vingnetting on the first one. Would be nicer if one could see more of the girls face.
Thank you very much.
I'm preparing a series of 10 images for “The Garda Optimist Photo-Shoot 2012”, organised by Fraglia Vela Riva.
I would like to publish a photo-book on blurb, but I really don't know if I need a permission/approval...

Fips

Re: Lake Garda Meeting Optimist Class
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 04:29:23 am »

Riva del Garda is a really nice place. I'll be there in July and in August in Torbole for two regattas. Really looking forward to it.

So regarding the legal I'm not familiar with Italian laws. In Germany you can shoot and publish pictures as you wish as long as individual people are either not identifiable or not the key point of the picture. IMHO this is the case in you last two pics for example.
Otherwise you need the explicit permission of the person photographed. For the first two pics for example you would need the permission of the kids, or actually their parents.
So that's the situation in Germany and I would venture a guess that it's similar in Italy.

Now for the practical part. Together with a friend I'm running two sailing blogs and we are faced with the same problems as you as we cannot ask every single person to sign a waiver before we take a picture. If I'm not participating in a regatta myself I talk to the guys in the race office and tell them who I am and what I do. If you ask, usually you can also get onto one a motorboat to take pictures (on a club level regatta this might be the race committee boat which stays at the start line or on of the boats which place the marks. On a larger regatta the organizers provide boats specifically for the press). If I then photograph individual crews or crew members I sort of take their agreement for granted as every sailor knows that the event might be covered by the press.

To be honest, I don't know if it is 100% legally correct. I never had any complaints but plenty of people asking me to send them pictures.

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 05:00:18 am »

...So regarding the legal I'm not familiar with Italian laws. In Germany you can shoot and publish pictures as you wish as long as individual people are either not identifiable or not the key point of the picture. IMHO this is the case in you last two pics for example.
Otherwise you need the explicit permission of the person photographed. For the first two pics for example you would need the permission of the kids, or actually their parents. So that's the situation in Germany and I would venture a guess that it's similar in Italy.
Yes, it is. I think I will give up.  :(

...Together with a friend I'm running two sailing blogs...
May I ask you the web addresses of your blogs?

Fips

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 09:08:20 am »

Mhh... too bad. What if you send them to the organizing club and ask if they would like you to put them online. This way they can also give the link to the participants who are looking for photos of their kids? I guess many would appreciate this.

The blog I mentioned are mono22.de and sportboot-bodensee.org. However, don't expect nice pics! We don't have time for that as we are too busy sailing instead of taking pictures  :D So if your around Torbole end of July, beginning of August, feel free to make and publish as many photos as you want from my team  ;)

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 04:31:16 am »

...What if you send them to the organizing club and ask if they would like you to put them online. This way they can also give the link to the participants who are looking for photos of their kids? I guess many would appreciate this.
That is a good idea!

The blog I mentioned are mono22.de and sportboot-bodensee.org...
The picture on your blogs are not so bad as you said.  :)

... if your around Torbole end of July, beginning of August, feel free to make and publish as many photos as you want from my team  ;)
Ok, thank you!  ;D

Here are the images I choose for my modest blog: http://www.robertofrieri.net/20120415T152012.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up