Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3200 large ink cartridge  (Read 6439 times)

Alberto dy

• APHOTO - fine art print
z3200 large ink cartridge
« on: April 09, 2012, 06:34:00 pm »

Has anyone had experience to use HP 772-300ml ink cartridges on Z3200?

Thanks

Ernst Dinkla

Re: z3200 large ink cartridge
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:45:27 am »

The carts are hardware compatible with the Z5200, not with any other printer. If you mean the inks, the Z2100 is more similar if the inkset is considered. Regarding pricing, there is not that much difference per ML between the twin pack 70 cartridges, 260 ML total,compared to a single 300 ML cart, about 15%.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

Dinkla Grafische Techniek
Quad,piëzografie,giclée
www.pigment-print.com

Alberto dy

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 09:39:36 am »

Hi Ernst,

I buy twin packs, the ink cartridge still the same 130ml. Every time the cartridges are replaced remains between 5ml or 8ml, it´s means, when I change 2 cartridges sets lose more than one full cartridge.
I have 3 printers Z3100 / Z3200. Are crazy control inks and replace every day some cartridges, are necessary too many twin packs in stock and a huge amount of ink and paper go to the trash.
Epson similar printer has 700ml cartridges. HP, in his stupidity contest,  forget and don’t develop or give a minimum improve to fine art Z series, now I looking for some home solutions, hp wake up and give z3300 in Photokina or I change to Epson.

Thanks
Alberto dy
www.aphoto.net.br

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 10:56:24 am »

It depends, the blue and green carts for example are not that often replaced here and in general I think there is less than 4 ML left in an empty cart. Why paper in the trash? Changing to Epson to reduce ink waste? Does not sound like a good idea. But if you print that volume a fast Canon model like the iPF8300 with large carts would be a better idea, the Canons drain the carts to near empty too and are the fastest in practice.

--

Quad,piëzografie,giclée
www.pigment-print.com

Alberto dy

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 01:20:27 pm »

The printer stop in +4ml ink but HP utility informs around 15ml (more than 10%). when I try to print and the ink runs out, the switching time of the cartridge creates a unacceptable stripe, and the job go to the trash.

Big ink cartridges are perfect, I will work without having to look every time the ink levels and calculate whether the print will come to an end.

Canon is a dream. Here in Brasil don’t have Canon wide format trusty dealer, Canon don’t have technical assistance, you never know how long wait for spare parts or inks

I don’t like Epson, the Color manager is for graphic CMYK printers not RGB fine arts, has inks dye problem, and many others problems, however is in constant evolution. HP has a great printers doing fine art jobs but now only looking to Latex.  HP fine art research still stopped, many driver and HP utility bugs persist and they do nothing.

I'm looking for tips and tricks without losing quality.

Thanks
Alberto dy
www.aphoto.net.br

chichornio

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 02:08:36 pm »

HP fine art research still stopped, many driver and HP utility bugs persist and they do nothing.

I'm looking for tips and tricks without losing quality.

Thanks
Alberto dy
www.aphoto.net.br

Isn´t the new z6200 a good option? I´ve seen great IQ pictures from it. And it comes 42 and 60 inches long.

Alberto dy

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 03:41:54 pm »

I make Z6200 some tests; Is fast but not for fine art, they don’t have a quality what I need, maybe only to print canvas
Is 8 color giving low gamut and some banding. Don’t have GE and make bronzing.
If HP make one new Z6200 whith 12-700ml inks, is perfect pro machine.

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 05:08:10 pm »

My dear friend Alberto, nice to see you around here!

Keep in mind that epson printers have larger cartridges but, at the same time, they waste a lot more ink (and I mean A LOT) on their cleanings, power cleanings, black swapping, nozzle checks and so on.
I was told by some top executive inside HP that by no chance the company will walk away from the Fine Art printing. Looks like every company is somehow settled at this moment, epsons x900 series are also a few years old and even Jeff Schewe stated that they have no plans on releasing a substitute in the near future.

Sure larger ink carts would be nice on the Z3200, but my main concern is still the lack of speed and the poor paper transport system.

Best regards. 

chichornio

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 05:21:32 pm »

My dear friend Alberto, nice to see you around here!

Keep in mind that epson printers have larger cartridges but, at the same time, they waste a lot more ink (and I mean A LOT) on their cleanings, power cleanings, black swapping, nozzle checks and so on.
I was told by some top executive inside HP that by no chance the company will walk away from the Fine Art printing. Looks like every company is somehow settled at this moment, epsons x900 series are also a few years old and even Jeff Schewe stated that they have no plans on releasing a substitute in the near future.

Sure larger ink carts would be nice on the Z3200, but my main concern is still the lack of speed and the poor paper transport system.

Best regards. 

Any chance of a new z3300? I agree 100% about the ink consumption of the z3200. It´s very frugal. In my main list, I would like to see a new z3300 series with a canvas cutter, 300 ml ink cartdrigdes (no more) and a front loading paper system.

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 06:00:54 pm »

Any chance of a new z3300? I agree 100% about the ink consumption of the z3200. It´s very frugal. In my main list, I would like to see a new z3300 series with a canvas cutter, 300 ml ink cartdrigdes (no more) and a front loading paper system.

I would buy two of those!
But, unfortunately, no one knows.

Alberto dy

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 06:19:15 pm »

Hi Geraldo,

I'm follow you and Ernst here, on Wide Inkjet Printers and others groups and lists a long time, much more reading than writing

I agree with you about lack of speed and the poor paper transport system and add software bugs, but ink cartridge is a very simple problem to solve, is just ear the consumers and need to do.  They have de ink doors and the same larges cartridges from Z5200, why do not make simple adjust on firmware?

Now I am looking for a china permanent chip to fix on original HP772 cartridges or some other suggestion.

Best Regards.

Alberto dy

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 06:21:23 pm »

I also want two  ;)

chichornio

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 06:38:09 pm »

I also want two  ;)

And I would like to have an extra ink (with an special chemical composition)... similar to GE, but that works as a matte liquid lamination over the print, both for matte and glossy papers. That would be a dream come true!

Alberto dy

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 07:11:16 pm »

And I would like to have an extra ink (with an special chemical composition)... similar to GE, but that works as a matte liquid lamination over the print, both for matte and glossy papers. That would be a dream come true!

It’s the dreamer:
Extra ink works as a matte liquid lamination (very nice idea)
Gloss at all sheet, no margin to gloss enhancer or no need gloss.
Lot of ink cartridges.
No bugs and new printer utility.
Fast like Z6200 or more.
new paper transport system.
Vertical and horizontal cutte.r
Canvas cutter.
Front rolls load.
Silent main board fan.
Clear transparent top window.

More suggestions?

chichornio

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 08:33:36 pm »

Silent main board fan.
Clear transparent top window.

More suggestions?

Those two are a must!

I may add:

More pixel resolution
Greater gamut
3 year factory guarantee o 10.000 ml of ink injected (what ever comes first... as car manufactory do)
Dye or Pigment option printing
Real 16 bits printing!

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 10:37:32 am »

Now I am looking for a china permanent chip to fix on original HP772 cartridges or some other suggestion.

Buggy in my opinion.

Got a call from a Belgian HP lady today whether I was interested in Designjet information. "Only if it is about new 12-ink models to be seen at the Drupa or Photokina", I told her and she still asked for my mail address. I doubt there is something new but who knows ......

--

Quad,piëzografie,giclée
www.pigment-print.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up