Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rollei 6008 with sinar 54M problem  (Read 1847 times)

minavag

rollei 6008 with sinar 54M problem
« on: April 09, 2012, 02:56:14 am »

I am using a sinar 54M on a Rollei 6008 integral and working with a Macpro G5 version 10.5.8.
Till today I was working really fine but two hours ago although the digital back seems to cooperate with the software ,when a trigger a shot through the capture shop software,there is no communication between the digital back and the Rollei.
The picture is taken by the back but as soon as there is no shutter release by the Rollei I take a black shot.
I tried to work with a Rolleiflex x-act but still not working.
I used captureshop 6.0, I tried also 6.1 and 5.8 and I connect the digital back with the camera with 551.63.067 cable.
I work the camera in slave mode through the captureshop hardware setup .
Additional,I used sinar eXposure 7.0.5 and I gave at the hardware settings Rollei 600x but when closing the menu it showed me the message:
 "Automatic body detection failed. Body type 'Rollei 600x' from hardware preferences is used."
The exposure and aperture settings are transparent and I can not trigger a shot.
It seems that there is no connection with the digital back and the camera.
Malfunction of the adaptor or the cable

Do you have a hint what is going on?

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
Re: rollei 6008 with sinar 54M problem
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:58:34 am »

never used either of the systems, but from using PhaseOne's with various cameras, it sounds like some sort of cable or connection came loose so that something obviously isn't triggering. If you can get different cables I'd try those, otherwise....contact a dealer would be me route
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 11:55:10 am »

I'm just guessing here, but on the back of the camera body there are six spring loaded gold button contacts that connect the camera to the film or digital back.  Check to see if one of the pins is stuck in or dirty and clean.   Next take a look at those first then the corresponding contacts on the digital back.      Also check your cable for possible bent pins?  Lastly, you can get this kind of error sometimes when the battery in the camera is nearly flat.  Have you tried changing or charging the battery?

Rolleiflex USA

minavag

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 06:12:13 am »

I tried the digital back on a sinar 4x5 with another adapter and works fine,so there is nothing wrong with the back or the software.I will clean the adaptors pins and try again.Thanks for the interest bythe way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up