Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color management for online  (Read 16104 times)

Jalok

Re: Color management for online
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 02:57:37 am »

Chrome will use the monitor profile if we create a shortcut icon for it at desktop and add "--enable-monitor-profile" (with quotes) on target field. The problem is that it's only convert correctly the image to the monitor on which it runs at first moment. Diferently of the most recent release of Windows Live Viewer, it does not change the appearance if we move the windows from one to another screen.

xpatUSA

• Blog
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 10:00:12 am »

Chrome will use the monitor profile if we create a shortcut icon for it at desktop and add "--enable-monitor-profile" (with quotes) on target field. The problem is that it's only convert correctly the image to the monitor on which it runs at first moment. Diferently of the most recent release of Windows Live Viewer, it does not change the appearance if we move the windows from one to another screen.
[/quote]
Thanks Jalok, but I did not understand 100%. If I create a shortcut icon for it on the desktop and add "--enable-monitor-profile" (with quotes) on target field, will Chrome now display correctly an image with an embedded Adobe RGB ICC profile?

Ted
best regards,

Ted

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 03:09:13 pm »

Chrome will simply apply the current monitor profile.  But your Adobe RGB file will at least not look horrible.  But even with the monitor profile applied, Chrome does not seem to support embedded ICC profiles.

And when Chrome updates itself, as it does often, it will typically erase your "  --enable-monitor-profile" modification without telling you about it.  So you have to keep on top of it which seems counterproductive at times.  I guess when you only have a few hundred programmers working on a project it would be pretty to turn this into a persistent checkbox somewhere, or do something as extreme as adding basic color management.

xpatUSA

• Blog
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 04:44:12 pm »

Chrome does not seem to support embedded ICC profiles.
Thanks Bill, that's what I had read elsewhere. And the proof of the pudding . .

Chrome:

Explorer 8:

Now Safari, on the other hand . . . .

Safari even renders ProPhoto pretty well, a surprise to me . . .

Ted
best regards,

Ted

Simon Garrett

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 04:57:01 pm »

Another gotcha.  I don't think any of the browsers colour manage properly to a second (or third...) monitor.  Even those that use the monitor profile seem to use the profile for the main monitor on all monitors. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up