Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slideshow Captions - Wrap Text  (Read 1155 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Slideshow Captions - Wrap Text
« on: April 05, 2012, 06:12:28 am »

I'm still new to many of the features in Lr(4), but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to make the slideshow captions wrap text and show more than one line across the bottom of a page. If I try to stretch out the text box, vertically, it just enlarges the font and decreases the amount of text space available. Any words that can't be displayed in one line just run off the screen. I don't see any option for turning on a wrap-text feature.

How do you set this up so that you can have more than a half-dozen words and get them all to display?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Re: Slideshow Captions - Wrap Text
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:04:50 pm »

OK, I figured it out; control+enter will put a carriage return in your text. Still, this is a very limited feature. You can't re-size the text box without changing the font size, which seems odd. You also have to edit the text in Library mode and then switch to Slideshow mode to review the formatting. Overall, it is not user friendly.

I'm surprised that Adobe has not done a better job with function.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
Re: Slideshow Captions - Wrap Text
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 03:59:58 am »

Just about everything to do with text in LR is hopeless and very difficult to use. It is almost like text was an afterthought in LR1, and nobody has ever looked at it again to sort it out.

Adobe spend all their efforts on soft-proofing, lens corrections, better RAW process (all of which are of course wonderful and much to be admired) but they can't seem to get around to fixing these simple things which are such major irritants. For example, why isn't "Rename Image" on a right-click, where you would expect to find it? There are loads of little things like this which just need tidying up.

John
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:26:56 am by John R Smith »
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an
Pages: [1]   Go Up