Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something Strange with LR 4.1RC  (Read 3549 times)

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
Something Strange with LR 4.1RC
« on: April 04, 2012, 09:23:07 pm »

This just started happening today with LR 4.1RC, which I have been using for about a week without seeing this, and this was not happening with LR 4.0. When sending to Photoshop for editing, the photo becomes brighter and loses some contrast, without me doing anything in Photoshop, and this change remains when saving back to Lightroom. Could this be a bug, or is it something on my end that has changed? I have not changed my Lightroom preferences.

Walter Schulz

Re: Something Strange with LR 4.1RC
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 11:52:00 pm »

"Shadows" = 0 and try again. Known bug after changing the ruler.

Ciao, Walter

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 12:06:14 am »

Could this be a bug, or is it something on my end that has changed?

There is a known "issue" when sending a raw image with a lot of Clarity to Photoshop via the ACR 6.7 RC beta...that might impact what you are seeing. The better result will prolly be to "Render Using Lightroom" vs. ACR 6.7 beta (pretty sure this will be fixed for the final ACR 6.7 GM due, "soonish"). See: ACR 6.7RC renders PV2012 images brighter than LR4.0 itself.

David Eichler

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 02:37:00 am »

There is a known "issue" when sending a raw image with a lot of Clarity to Photoshop via the ACR 6.7 RC beta...that might impact what you are seeing. The better result will prolly be to "Render Using Lightroom" vs. ACR 6.7 beta (pretty sure this will be fixed for the final ACR 6.7 GM due, "soonish"). See: ACR 6.7RC renders PV2012 images brighter than LR4.0 itself.

Thanks. Guess I have been getting a bit happy with the new clarity. I am not seeing that message about render using Lightroom anymore. Maybe I checked a box not to show. How can I get the choice back? Also, I will still want to have ACR 6.7-RC render for editing multiple layers. No?

Scott Hargis

• Scott Hargis Photo
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 05:28:40 pm »

Weird. David, I'm having the exact opposite issue - images are DARKER when I edit in Photoshop. It's like only some of the toning that I do in LR actually makes it over to Photoshop. I'm also getting a warning about compatibility with ACR 6.7, but when I check "Updates" in Photoshop I get assured that everything is up to date. Frustrating.

WPalank

• William Palank Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 09:17:10 pm »

Thanks. Guess I have been getting a bit happy with the new clarity. I am not seeing that message about render using Lightroom anymore. Maybe I checked a box not to show. How can I get the choice back? Also, I will still want to have ACR 6.7-RC render for editing multiple layers. No?

On a Mac the Path is:
Lightroom > Preferences... and in the Box that opens select the General tab, go down to Prompts and punch the button that says "Reset all warning dialogs". Close the box.

WPalank

• William Palank Photography
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 09:26:47 pm »

Weird. David, I'm having the exact opposite issue - images are DARKER when I edit in Photoshop. It's like only some of the toning that I do in LR actually makes it over to Photoshop. I'm also getting a warning about compatibility with ACR 6.7, but when I check "Updates" in Photoshop I get assured that everything is up to date. Frustrating.

Two issues:
On my machine anyway, when I go to Photoshop (CS5) Updates, it says everything is up to date even though I know there is a new version of ACR or whatever out there. And this is for several weeks after the new update. So I have to physically go to the Adobe Download Center and download the new update.

Several of the External Editors are now Exporting the files out of LR in the sRGB Color Space even though your original intentions are ProPhoto. Then after you change everything back in preferences to PP, it reverts back to sRGB unless you redo the drop-down menu to "Save Updated Preset".

Scott Hargis

• Scott Hargis Photo
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 12:00:43 am »

@ WPalank -- two very helpful answers! Thanks.

Anthony.Ralph

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 06:19:18 pm »

Two issues:
On my machine anyway, when I go to Photoshop (CS5) Updates, it says everything is up to date even though I know there is a new version of ACR or whatever out there. And this is for several weeks after the new update. So I have to physically go to the Adobe Download Center and download the new update.

[..]

Photoshop is up-to-date at ACR 6.6 because the 6.7 version is still RC and I would suppose that the update manager would not be allowed to use this latter version yet.

Anthony.

David Eichler

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 03:28:53 am »

On a Mac the Path is:
Lightroom > Preferences... and in the Box that opens select the General tab, go down to Prompts and punch the button that says "Reset all warning dialogs". Close the box.

The reset button is greyed out. Can't reset to get the warning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up