Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4 export missing file type for hard drive?  (Read 1578 times)

dreed

LR4 export missing file type for hard drive?
« on: April 03, 2012, 07:33:26 am »

The export dialog appears to vary substantially depending on which target is selected.

If I select "Hard Drive" as the destination, the "File Settings" section is not present but it is if I use "CD/DVD".

So if I want to export an image as a TIFF, I need to first use export to "CD/DVD", change the various parameters and then return to "Hard Drive". Similarly, when I want to go back to exporting PNG or JPEG on my hard drive, I need to select "CD/DVD" as the destination first, change the settings and then return to "Hard Drive" as the destination for the export.

This is really awkward.

Is the goal here to encourage me to use my own preset or...?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: LR4 export missing file type for hard drive?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 08:07:51 am »

The export dialog does vary depending on which target is selected, but you should also get the File Settings.

File types selected? Operating system? LR4.0 or the 4.1RC? Maybe post a screenshot.

RFPhotography

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 11:45:02 am »

If that's the case then something's off with your installation.  When I select Hard Drive, the File Settings section is there, as are all the other options.

dreed

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 06:17:54 pm »

If that's the case then something's off with your installation.  When I select Hard Drive, the File Settings section is there, as are all the other options.

That I could believe.

I installed some LR plugins that were included into the export process. I've now removed them but I wonder if one or more of them has left done something a bit more permanent and/or the plugin removal hasn't gone smoothly.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 04:40:32 am »

Not seeing any problems here either. It all works as expected.

Win7 64 LR4.1rc

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 05:02:28 am »

That I could believe.
I installed some LR plugins that were included into the export process. I've now removed them but I wonder if one or more of them has left done something a bit more permanent and/or the plugin removal hasn't gone smoothly.

A plugin which has export features can be defined so it hides certain sections, but it would be unusual if it showed up in the Export Top dropdown box as "Hard Drive". Also plugins don't permanently change the UI, so you may have one that is still working. Or something else is amiss. Just post that screenshot.

dreed

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 10:16:15 am »

In retrospect, it is quite possible that it always was there and that the reason I've missed it is when I've moved the scroll wheel on my mouse, it has moved the window too far and I've just not seen it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up