Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 4 & HDR  (Read 1524 times)

stamper

Lightroom 4 & HDR
« on: April 02, 2012, 09:52:12 am »

I have been studying the LR video tutorials and today received  a copy of Martin Evening's book on LR4. I obviously haven't had time
 to fully digest Martin's book. With regards to the exposure recovery in LR it looks like the capabilities of recovering potentially blown
highlights is very good and the thought that I had is does anyone think that HDR software is now - or nearly - redundant because of
the exposure recovery? It looks a lot better than LR3. This obviously doesn't apply to anyone who likes the grunge look.
Ironically the clarity slider in LR4 will appeal to the photographers who like it. Despite early problems it looks as if Adobe
has a winner here?

Walter_temp

Re: Lightroom 4 & HDR
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 10:12:57 am »

Sorry, but not taking the bait.

Ciao, Walter

stamper

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 10:38:27 am »

What bait?

RFPhotography

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:53:46 am »

The changes in the 2012PV are very compelling, yes.  Does it eliminate the need for HDR (or other exposure blending methods)?  No.  You're still limited to what the sensor in your camera can capture.  If you've got a camera like the new Nikon D800 that tests at 14+ stops then your need for exposure blending may be minimised.  But if you're shooting with an old Canon 30D that's got maybe 8 stops of range the new raw engine in LR/ACR isn't going to help you get to 10 or 12 or more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up