Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 4.1 RC with Nik Software  (Read 1994 times)

WPalank

• William Palank Photography
LR 4.1 RC with Nik Software
« on: March 31, 2012, 01:31:43 pm »

Good Morning.

I seemed to be one of the few not having problems with my External Editors with LR 4 (Mac pro, Snow Leopard). Now that I have downloaded the RC I am having trouble with the Nik software (Yes, I downloaded the new Nik software after the release of LR4.)

Now when using an External Editor to "Nik ColorEfex Pro" it keeps defaulting to sRGB rather than ProPhoto RGB (my desired space). You have to tick the box "Copy File Options" to see. I have reset and reset and reset...in Preferences>External Editors> Nik...Anyone having the same problem?

WPalank

Re: LR 4.1 RC with Nik Software
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 01:23:07 pm »

Sorry gang, obviously I was the only one with the problem here, although lots of people had the issue elsewhere. If other people took the tome to click the triangle they might find they are actually doing their editing in sRGB. As Mr. Schewe says, "Once it's gone, it's gone."

Finally got the solution through NAPP.

JimGoshorn

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 03:43:07 pm »

Finally got the solution through NAPP.

Which is??

Jim

WPalank

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 05:32:24 pm »

Hey Jim.
There were over 140 hits on my post which ended with the question. "Am I the only one having the problem?". I  wanted to see if it was only me. Sometimes these things are isolated to a person's operating system and not a universal bug.

Not one person could chime in or check and report back. "Yeah same thing is happening here". Or, "I'm running a separate set-up and not having the problem".

Obviously (regarding the LULA Forums):
A) No one is running NIK Plug-ins (it effects all of them by the way) through LR4 or;
B) Nobody gave a sh*t.

I'll assume A) and thereby infer the answer is unimportant. The NIK tech geniuses were of no help BTW as it truly is an Adobe bug.
Pages: [1]   Go Up