Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens Correction Panel is missing in ACR 6?....  (Read 7526 times)

Onslow

Lens Correction Panel is missing in ACR 6?....
« on: March 30, 2012, 03:26:55 am »

Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone can assist me. I was showing a friend of mine the use of a colour checker passport. He has bought CS5 extended on Win 7 enterprise edition. I noticed that the lens correction panel is missing from his panels in camera raw. He only has correction amount visible, no tick box to enable lens profile corrections or lens profile choices. I suspect he has a setting somewhere which may have disabled this. Up until this point he has been doing lens corrections in photoshop filters.....

Can anyone suggest what may be the issue here?

Cheers

Onslow

Walter_temp

Re: Lens Correction Panel is missing in ACR 6?....
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 03:52:33 am »

Is he using CS5 or CS5.1? Which Camera RAW version?
Camera RAW 6.0 (first version delivered with first CS5 version) doesn't have that function. It came with CR 6.1.
The newest final CR version is 6.6, there is a Release Candidate 6.7 which is able to interact with Lightroom 4.

Ciao, Walter

Onslow

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 08:07:52 am »

Thanks for that Walter. I suspect it's the earliest release version. I have seen the box etc and know it was bought in a major retailer so the copy would be not pirated. I rang him tonight for some info and asked him if he had the latest version as I do. He didn't know. I guided him through setting up auto updates and he had a large download to start. Hopefully, this will bring him up to date and have him updated with the latest patches as they come out... Thanks for your help Walter... :)
Cheers

Onslow

Onslow

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 12:49:57 am »

Just a followup to this. The download and upgrade is over and the lens correction is now in ACR... ;D

Cheers
Cheers

Onslow
Pages: [1]   Go Up