Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pipes & beams  (Read 1429 times)

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
Pipes & beams
« on: March 29, 2012, 10:19:08 am »

M8 + Summarit 2.5/35
Capture One 6

shutterpup

Re: Pipes & beams
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 06:58:57 pm »

#2 reminds of the game Jenga   :D

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:56:25 am »

First think that comes to my mind when I see #1 is that those pipes should be perfectly straight; perspective distortion is breaking a very nice picture, in my humble opinion.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 03:52:58 am »

First think that comes to my mind when I see #1 is that those pipes should be perfectly straight; perspective distortion is breaking a very nice picture, in my humble opinion.
I have to agree. The second, on the other hand, I do like.

Jeremy

walter.sk

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 12:07:37 pm »

For me, the pipes are too predictable and somewhat static.  The second picture is very dynamic and pulls my eye into it.  The distribution of light and dark also adds to the intrigue of the second picture.

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 01:46:26 pm »

For me, the second image lacks any meaning or story.

The first one, on the other hand, is fabulous.  These parallel pipes with a dogleg and a jump over another pipe make me wonder what they are for? why are they going this path?  Who installed them so neatly.  Were they considering how to make it look tidy and pretty?  I'm not bothered by the distortion. What little distortion there is could very quickly be repaired by a free transform or a warp.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

popnfresh

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 02:01:36 pm »

The second one is an interesting composition, but the tonality is too flat. It could use a little enhancement, like this:

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 02:16:24 pm »

Thank you shutterpup, Edu, Jeremy, Walter, Mark and popnfresh for your comments and indications.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 03:57:18 am »

The first one, on the other hand, is fabulous.  These parallel pipes with a dogleg and a jump over another pipe make me wonder what they are for? why are they going this path?  Who installed them so neatly.  Were they considering how to make it look tidy and pretty?  I'm not bothered by the distortion. What little distortion there is could very quickly be repaired by a free transform or a warp.
Marc, the perspecive distortion is the only thing about the shot that bothers me. If it could be corrected, I'd like the image a lot: I agree with all the points you make (but I still like the second one).

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up