Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BC Crystaline is back  (Read 1416 times)

Johnny_Boy

BC Crystaline is back
« on: March 28, 2012, 11:45:31 am »

Too bad I just ordered a batch of Lyve and Timeless two weeks ago! :) I might try a sample of this roll and see how it works out.

http://www.breathingcolor.com/action/bc_shop/202/

I am mainly interested in whether it really doesn't require a coating on top, as it will save me a time & labor intensive step. I was printing on Canon Satin canvas for a while, and it does look pretty good and somewhat scuff RESISTANT but a coating of Timeless does make the finish almost scuff PROOF. I wonder if this will be similar?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:29:29 pm by Johnny_Boy »

Ken

• http://kenschuster.com
Re: BC Crystaline is back
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 11:48:51 am »

Glossy only. Satin not available yet.

BillZ

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:22:03 pm »

I managed to get a trial roll of the Crystalline a couple months back. I found it to be a very nice product. Stretches well without cracking and it is water-resistant.
I tested a couple of samples printed on my Canon 6100 and found that if you wait 24 hours after printing, you can spill water on it and blot it up with zero damage.
On the other hand, when I rubbed the area while damp there was a small loss of pigment.
 When I originally ordered the sample the BC salesman told me that if I wanted a true water-proof finish I would have to overcoat the surface with the Timeless.
I think though for most applications it should be good without the extra coat.

dajaka

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 05:16:44 pm »

I have a 44" roll of this material that I'd like to sell. I only used about two feet. I just don't like the glossy surface.

Contact me offline if interested.

Johnny_Boy

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 11:17:34 pm »

Where are you guys getting all of this before it was officially released? :) I know they released it originally a bit ago and pulled it, and re-released it today. Do you have the older batch? Didn't they have problem with that though?

Landscapes

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 11:29:23 pm »

I got an email just today from BC announcing it so this info is all hot off the press!  I imagine they have put it up on their website as well.  Trial rolls are just $29 so you can't go wrong by ordering up a roll if you are interested.

BillZ

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 10:01:57 am »

I got my sample roll about 3 or 4 months back. BC had just released a sample batch that was available in small quantities.
Like you I was purchasing a couple of rolls of the Lyve and some Timeless. The salesman informed me that they were just about to
release the newly formulated Crystaline and there was a small amount of sample stock available. I asked him if they had improved it from the last time
they had it on the market. I told him that there were a lot of reports stating that it wasn't that great of a product. He told me that they completely re-worked the
coating and other quality control issues. After I received the order I called him back to get the printer profile info for the Crystaline. While speaking with him
he informed me that the product was not going to be available in full size rolls until February or March. He explained that the production process takes more time and they
needed to build up stock before they released it.
 My experience with it so far has been good and I am also looking forward to trying out the Satin version when it is released.
Pages: [1]   Go Up