Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4900: Printing from LR4  (Read 989 times)

walter.sk

Epson 4900: Printing from LR4
« on: March 27, 2012, 01:15:10 pm »

After making some 8.5 x 11" cut-sheet test prints from LR4 with my Epson 4900 I decided to try some prints using roll paper, 17" wide by 11" high.  I have been printing from Qimage for many years, and using the settings below, have been able to print 11x17's cut automatically to that size with the 4900.  However, printing from LR4, whether I set the print to portrait or landscape orientation the printer printed on 11" of the 17" width, and would have used 17" of the paper to complete the print, leaving quite a bit of wasted paper.  Here are the printer driver settings that work for me when printing from Qimage:

1: When the driver window comes up:  Size: User Defined. Source: Roll Paper.  Orientation: Portrait.

2: After clicking on Properties I get the Main page, with these settings:  Select Setting: My custom paper for 11x17 roll paper; Source: Roll Paper; Roll Paper Options: Normal Cut (auto rotate not checked);  Size: User Defined (Paper Width 17", Paper Height 11".

3: Page Layout: Orientation: Portrait; Page Size: User Defined; Output Paper: Same As Page Size.

Again, printing from LR4, no matter whether I use Portrait or Landscape  the printer prints only on 11" of the 17" width.  Is there a way to get the images to print so that they take up 17" of the roll's width (minus margins, of course) and 11" of height of the paper, and then make a template to save this?

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:17:08 pm by walter.sk »

walter.sk

Re: Epson 4900: Printing from LR4
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 02:44:37 pm »

No need to respond!  I figured it out!  (Actually, I went back to the Print From LR module from the new From Camera To Print...Thanks, Michael and Jeff!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up