Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In regard to the pdf list of the movie contents.  (Read 3349 times)

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
In regard to the pdf list of the movie contents.
« on: March 25, 2012, 07:31:50 pm »

Hi

In the hope that I have not misread or missed it anywhere?  Can I ask that the pdf list of .mov files give the chapter titles and time point of the start of each chapter???  I ask becuse AFAIK only the likes of Quick Time Player shows the chapters so viewing them on BlackBerry PlayBook there is no chapter selection but if I knew the 'time point' in the whole movie I could FF to the section I wanted to (re)watch as wanted  8)
Many thanks in advance for what I hope is not too onerous a request to make  ??? :)
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

Thomas Achermann

• http://www.thomasachermann.com
Re: In regard to the pdf list of the movie contents.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 08:51:06 am »

this might not help you directly with the BB Playbook...but for those using VLC player, the new VLC version 2 DOES read the chapter markers
Thomas Achermann - Muonio, Finland - [ur

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 02:56:39 pm »

Two good points above!

I'll try and do some chapter marker times for the next PDF Table of Contents - but likely will not have time to go back and do the already published ones until later.

Good to know that VLC Player supports chapter markers. These risk being swept under the advancing tide of iOS-like dumbgrades by Apple - their authoring is not even offered in Final Cut Pro X...

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 09:21:06 am »

Regrets - but I am rejecting the idea of adding times to the Chapter Markers in the Table of Contents.

I started to add them but the ToC is complex enough already and somewhat hard to read. The addition of many times to each chapter, makes it far worse.

So for now, I am afraid that QuickTime Player is the only option.

FWIW I tried the latest VLC Player and it changed my chapter marker text to gobbledygook...
Pages: [1]   Go Up