Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tettegouche State Park Minnesota  (Read 2372 times)

howard smith

Tettegouche State Park Minnesota
« on: February 17, 2005, 05:56:32 pm »

I just moved to nothern Illinois.   NIU (DeKalb) to be exact.  I was interested in responses, but none so far.  I want to return to the area this summer.

Many years ago I stayed at an inn on Lake Superior.  Must be near the park.  The building was alledged to have been built by Babe Ruth and friends.  There was a stone fireplace and fire that was perfect.  Anyway, the stay was fantastic  (after 2 weeks of canoeing in the Bountary Waters and befroe school started).  The owner even cooked liver and onions just for me (I was the only guest in October).

BryanHansel

• www.bryanhansel.com
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 10:58:41 am »

Living in Grand Marais, I often drive by the park on the way to Duluth and often stop and take some pictures.  By avoid, I guess, you mean when are the busiest times for the park.  That would be during the summer and fall, but if you are willing to hike, you will find that the further you get from the road, the less people you will run into.  If you are looking for winter photos, I would recommend coming up now, because we have a lot of snow, and are in a cold snap right now, so in the morning the lake is steaming.  I like the end of June and first part of July for flowers, and fall is fantastic, especially near Tofte.
Bryan Hansel
[url=http://www.paddling

DarkPenguin

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 09:31:51 pm »

Anyone done any photography around Tettegouche State Park in Minnesota?  I'm curious if there are any times of year that it is best to avoid the park.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 06:07:03 pm »

I've seen so many fab photos from the place.  I've gone as far as split rock (a long time ago) but have never been up to Tettegouche.
Pages: [1]   Go Up