Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canson Baryta  (Read 6588 times)

Rand47

Re: Canson Baryta
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 05:21:31 pm »

I am making my first trek into 'serious' printing.  Until now I've used generic stock paper and canned profiles.    I just purchased some of this Canson Baryta Photographique and have 3 shipping days to locate a profile for my 3880.

If anyone would be so kind as to send me one I would be very grateful.

http://www.canson-infinity.com/en/icc_choice.asp
Rand Scott Adams

MOMOP

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 07:07:31 pm »

I am making my first trek into 'serious' printing.  Until now I've used generic stock paper and canned profiles.    I just purchased some of this Canson Baryta Photographique and have 3 shipping days to locate a profile for my 3880.

If anyone would be so kind as to send me one I would be very grateful.

As I mentioned above, Eric Chan's ABW profile for BW printing on CBP on the 3880 is excellent.  Eric makes these available at no charge and with very detailed support instructions:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Epson3880/abwprofiles.html

Best of luck!

P.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 08:12:02 pm »

On the Epson 3880 I have had good luck with the vendor-supplied profile.  However, Eric Chan's ABW profile for the 3880 is clearly the winner.

Cheers,

P.
Only if you are using Win7 OS.  New Apple OS and Epson Driver do not permit the use of ABW profiles.

alan

MOMOP

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 09:05:49 pm »

Right 2x.  I am using Win7 OS, and I did also note that on his website Eric states that due to the changes in that Mac OS print engine and corresponding changes in the Epson driver for the Mac that it is no longer possible to use custom ABW profiles for linearization and soft-proofing.  I could not find much specific technical info on this issue on Eric's site.  Seems like a big loss, but perhaps with the 16-bit pipeline there are some big compensating positives...a subject for some other thread most probably.

Cheers,

P.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:47:13 pm by MOMOP »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up