Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to auto sort stack order of stacked bracketed exposures?  (Read 2134 times)

AFairley

I usually shoot a burst of 3 bracketed exposures, -.7, 0, +.7 EV.  However, to take advantage of ETTR, I have exposure compensation set to +.7.  Thus the actual captures have EVs of 0, +.7 and +1.4.  (For the type of shooting I do, this almost always gives me enough highlight protection and reaches into deep shadows to allow exposure blending if needed.)

Here's the problem in Lightroom.  The camera's exposure sequence is 0, -.7, +.7.  That means, with the base compensation applied, the first shot in the sequence is +.7, the second is "normal" and the third +1.4.  That means when I auto-stack in LR by capture time, the image at the top of the stack is overexposed by +.7.  I can go into custom sort and manually drag the "correctly" exposed image to the left of each sequence before auto-stacking, but that can be a real pain.  Anyone know of a way to accomplish this automatically?  (I realize I could shoot groups of 5 .7 apart with no compensation, but I would rather not go that route for reasons of shooting speed, card/disc space, and clutter)

Thanks

adamideas

Re: Any way to auto sort stack order of stacked bracketed exposures?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 05:04:13 pm »

What kind of camera do you have?

I changed this along time ago so I can't remember for sure, but I believe there is a bracketing sequence option somewhere in the C.Fn menu of my 5Dmk2. One of the options is -,0,+.  That solved the problem for me in Lr. 

-Adam

AFairley

Re: Any way to auto sort stack order of stacked bracketed exposures?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 02:10:24 pm »

Cool feature, Adam, but I checked the manual for my camera and it doesn't have it. :(  Thanks for the tip, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up