Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IQ Firmware 3.0  (Read 1080 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
IQ Firmware 3.0
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:19:47 am »

New firmware for the IQ has been released. In the last 24 hours we've been able to test this firmware on five IQ180M backs.

From the Release Notes
Firmware version 3.0 offers several significant speed improvements to all IQ series back, plus many features and improvements from previous version 2.0 or 2.01.

Improved performance:
- Significant Improved speed when showing previews, especially when zoomed.
- Improved CF-card writing speed – with a fast CF card it is now practically impossible to shoot faster than the images can be written to card.
- Improved tethered capture speed – images are now transferred faster than ever before

New features:
- Browsing, zooming and panning is now possible in the last 10 images when shooting tethered to the computer
- Custom White Balance 1,2,3 in digital back can now be set in tethered mode
- Zooming and panning in not yet stored images are now possible on the digital back
- Custom background can be uploaded as an image (backgrnd.bmp or backgrnd.tif) on the CF card
- User can now adjust the offset for roll and pitch.

Reliability:
- Camera interface is in general more robust for third party cameras.
- Improved two-shot noise rejection on trigger pulse, when using third party equipment
- Battery lifetime in cold weather is improved significantly
- General stability improvements

Known limitations:
Lexar 400x 256GB CF card is not supported

Download: Phaseone.com
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:27:31 pm by Doug Peterson »

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: IQ Firmware 3.0
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 09:25:21 am »

We will be posting more notes from our testing soon. The ability to pan/zoom the last 10 captures when shooting tethered is really really great.

In general I'm very excited; though I'm always slightly trepidatious about things that end in ".0" until it's been out in the field for a while. I never suggest you update anything in the middle of a job, or right before an important job, unless you have time to extensively test everything after the update (that goes for any manufacturer and most kinds of updates).

cunim

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 01:24:48 pm »

A note of caution.  This update killed my IQ180, requiring it be sent in for service.  Probably just my back (and just my luck), but....

Jozef Zajaz

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 11:23:20 am »

A note of caution.  This update killed my IQ180, requiring it be sent in for service.  Probably just my back (and just my luck), but....

To bad :(

Reminder to everyone. Make sure the back is NOT attached to the camera before you update and you have a fully charged battery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up