Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sebastião Salgado: The Colorado Plateau's National Parks in Photos  (Read 14237 times)

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Re: Sebastião Salgado: The Colorado Plateau's National Parks in Photos
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 08:37:14 am »

I have only seen film prints fro SS. These images look over processed and I wondered if he had gone over to digital. A quick google search and I found this page which shows that he has gone from Leica film to Canon digital. Page 3 of the article has the technical details (camera, lenses, printing details etc).

Cheers,

It seems he has gone further with DxO Film Pack http://www.dxo.com/intl/photo/filmpack/user_testimonial/sebastiao_salgado.
Maybe he went too far moving the sliders.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 01:44:23 pm »

... Your copyright is '06...

What can I say, I love paradoxical ;)

Or perhaps I was thinking during post-processing (subconsciously, of course): "this is how Salgado would shoot landscapes, should he, however unlikely, decide to shoot them one fine day". But then I probably said to myself (subconsciously, again): "Nah, he is a people photographer".

Come to think of it, however, it all makes perfect sense. After witnessing so much human misery, enough for several lifetimes, it is no wonder he got disgusted with human race and ran into wilderness to seek solace. The only question is: "what took him so long?" The rest of us (i.e., landscape photographers) figured that out long time ago. ;)

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 04:17:05 pm »

What can I say, I love paradoxical ;)

Or perhaps I was thinking during post-processing (subconsciously, of course): "this is how Salgado would shoot landscapes, should he, however unlikely, decide to shoot them one fine day". But then I probably said to myself (subconsciously, again): "Nah, he is a people photographer".

Come to think of it, however, it all makes perfect sense. After witnessing so much human misery, enough for several lifetimes, it is no wonder he got disgusted with human race and ran into wilderness to seek solace. The only question is: "what took him so long?" The rest of us (i.e., landscape photographers) figured that out long time ago. ;)

I put an old video into the machine tonight. The first part was a portrait of Albert Watson doing stuff in New York and also in Scotland, where he wanders through Tantallon Castle, where I got my BB shots. The sound was way up to max. but hardly anything came through the speakers.

The next thing on it was the ’98 Sports Illustrated swimsuit shoots in Africa and the Maldives. Eva Herzigova, Laetitia Casta, and everything shot through terrible coloured filters… or that’s how old videotape goes. Funny, but fourteen years later, the girls still look phenomenal. I think one snapper was Walter Chin, the other called Russell, but didn’t wait for the credits – got bored and distracted with the colour. Plenty of bemused Masai; plenty of wilderness, but also proving my point of view about its associated needs...  ;-)

The other guy coming on and off the tape was the old Cosmopolitan hero: Francesco Scavullo shooting models/actresses with their spouses. Oh dear, why did I save it?

Rob C

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 06:53:45 pm »

It seems he has gone further with DxO Film Pack http://www.dxo.com/intl/photo/filmpack/user_testimonial/sebastiao_salgado.
Maybe he went too far moving the sliders.

No maybe about it.
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up