Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More people from Fez (Morocco)  (Read 1161 times)

marcocarmassi

• Marco Carmassi Fine Art Photography
More people from Fez (Morocco)
« on: March 19, 2012, 01:09:41 pm »

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: More people from Fez (Morocco)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:45:01 pm »

Great shots, Marco. Especially #1 and 2. I'm not sure what the symbolism is in #2 with the double-locked door behind the girl and a hand at her breast, but it's a fine bit of photography. All you needed in #1 to make it a Cartier-Bresson was a kid on crutches.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:31:19 pm »

Great shots, Marco. Especially #1 and 2. I'm not sure what the symbolism is in #2 with the double-locked door behind the girl and a hand at her breast, but it's a fine bit of photography. All you needed in #1 to make it a Cartier-Bresson was a kid on crutches.

I'd have settled for a kid with a baguette or even a bottle of wine...

Doesn't that man cast a long shadow!

;-)

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 05:07:14 pm »

I am thoroughly enjoying this series from Fez.  They are an alternative vision for me to the holiday snaps of a friend who returned to Morocco last year after having lived there 20 years ago and the stylised exposition of Albert Watson in his fabulous tome Moroc.

Morocco is high on my travel wish list and your pics have escalated its ranking considerably.

Cheers,

Walter

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 03:23:42 am »

Morocco is a very photogenic place but it is also a difficult place to photograph. The reason is that most tourist areas are full of touts, that is, people trying to be your guide, sell you something or find you a hotel. They can be agressive and persistant. Holding a camera is like a tout magnet. Most times when I was there I didn't get my camera out of its bag. I've got memories but not many photographs.

If you do a google search for "touts Morocco" you will get an idea of what to expect. Different people will have different experiences of a country. I'm just saying in my experience of travelling through 30+ countries in Asia, Europe etc, Morocco was the biggest hassle and the hardest to photograph in. This is my personal experience and you should take it for what it is, that is a request that you research the country before you plan to go.

Cheers,
Tom Brown

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 05:09:09 am »

Morocco is a very photogenic place but it is also a difficult place to photograph. The reason is that most tourist areas are full of touts, that is, people trying to be your guide, sell you something or find you a hotel. They can be agressive and persistant. Holding a camera is like a tout magnet. Most times when I was there I didn't get my camera out of its bag. I've got memories but not many photographs.

If you do a google search for "touts Morocco" you will get an idea of what to expect. Different people will have different experiences of a country. I'm just saying in my experience of travelling through 30+ countries in Asia, Europe etc, Morocco was the biggest hassle and the hardest to photograph in. This is my personal experience and you should take it for what it is, that is a request that you research the country before you plan to go.

Cheers,

For a few years, straight after university, my daughter took time off and became a guide for one of the biggest tour companies. As part of a 'thank-you', she and a guide girlfriend were given a freebie in Morocco. Never again. They were pursued by males the whole time and finally just gave up and stayed in the hotel. The culture clash is real, it isn't in your favour and forget it.

Rob C

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 09:26:05 am »

A very nice photo work, taken in an interesting place.

Tanti complimenti Marco per questi scatti e per gli altri tuoi che ho visto in precedenza.
Ciao.

RawheaD

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 09:39:12 am »

One thing I learned in my recent travel to Morocco is that, while my impression of the country prior to visiting was really about the cities/towns (Fez, Marrakech, etc), the ancient Kasbahs, etc., the country actually has so much to offer outside of the cities.  The nature & landscape was utterly fabulous.  I would return there in a heartbeat.

In fact, I already have preliminary plans to do just that in November :-)

marcocarmassi

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 12:15:59 pm »

Grazie Roberto, ho visto che anche tu prediligi il B/N
Pages: [1]   Go Up