Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4: Change in Export metadata dialog can lead to loss of privacy  (Read 1490 times)

dreed

In upgrading from LR3 to LR4, it would appear that the default settings for export are not transferred.

Most notably, the input section for "Metadata" used in the export has changed significantly.

Rather than "Minimize metadta", we now have a drop down menu that defaults to "All".

I don't know how hard or easy it is for LR4 to pickup LR3 settings, but this definitely caught me by surprise.

Similarly, how hard is it to include a "None" item in that list?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 09:49:41 am by dreed »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: LR4: Change in Export metadata dialog can lead to loss of privacy
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:30:29 pm »

Obviously easy. But for your privacy, read someone else's copyright, so Adobe have taken a cautious line by not including an option that strips all metadata. Jeffrey Friedl's Metadata Wrangler plugin allows more granular control.

Notice that in Map you have another privacy setting - the Saved Location. This might allow, for examaple, a bird photographer to ensure no geographical metadata is included in exported files for a radius around a protected nest site, or an ex-wife might hide where she's living from her ex-husband by setting a 10 mile radius around her home address, etc.

Pages: [1]   Go Up