Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mouse Pointer Strange Behaivor  (Read 4154 times)

HDProman

Mouse Pointer Strange Behaivor
« on: March 18, 2012, 02:55:47 am »

Anyone experiencing this strange behavior with your mouse pointer while using Lightroom 4?

My mouse pointer appears as the standard white arrowhead. When in the center preview area if I move the pointer to the left or right panel the pointer changes into a double headed black arrowhead pointer outlined in black and if I pause on the border between the panels and I can then drag the panel border to change the panels size. If I move across this border to quickly the pointer changes as it crosses the border and does not change back to the normal white pointing arrowhead when in the side panels but keeps the double headed arrowhead.

Not a major problem but not normal behavior, or is it. What happens when you drag quickly across the panel borders, does this happen with you?

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
Re: Mouse Pointer Strange Behaivor
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 04:54:59 am »

Mine has always done this (Win 7, 64-bit). LR2, LR3, now LR4, just the same.

I've kind of got used to it.

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

HDProman

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 09:35:42 am »

John Cothron

• Cothron Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 02:17:14 pm »

I've noticed this as well.  In my case, it definitely started with Lr4.  It doesn't seem to change the functionality but it is a little disconcerting. 
John
Flickr

HDProman

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 01:15:23 pm »

Problem still exist and I have no updated information from Adobe. Is this something only a few members are experiencing or is this a common issue? Does anyone know of a fix?

Simon Garrett

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 05:32:09 pm »

It happens with me - started with LR4.0 and still there with LR3 RC.  A bit annoying. 

W.T. Jones

• W.T. Jones LLC
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 06:52:49 pm »

Same here, started with LR4. everything seems to work so I have not worried about it much.
Warren

Akro

• Randolph Henson Photography
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 08:03:39 pm »

Mine does the same thing.  Not really a problem.

RobinFaichney

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 01:52:09 am »

I have this all the time, but don't remember seeing it in LR -- exactly where I run into it is not relevant here. What's happening internally is that an "event" is being lost: the pointer's entry into the area where it should become a double-headed arrow is noticed, but its exit from that area is not. As such, the problem is likely to be the responsibility of the windowing system, whether that's Windows or Mac OS X, though both the hardware performance and the other demands being made on it at the time are also relevant. I wouldn't hold your breath while waiting for a fix.

eliedinur

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 10:51:25 am »

My mouse pointer appears as the standard white arrowhead. When in the center preview area ....

It does? When in the image area mine is a little magnifying glass with a + in the middle and a hand when zoomed in. Always has.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

MBehrens

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 05:53:17 pm »

Mine does this sporadically and it depends upon how fast I move my mouse pointer over the edge of the side panels. At the edges of the side panels the mouse is supposed to change to the left-right pointer to indicate the dragging of the edge to resize the panel. Doesn't seem to always change back to the normal pointer when crossing the edge at certain speeds.

Might help to make sure graphics drivers are up to date, etc.

Mac Mahon

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 02:02:39 pm »

It does? When in the image area mine is a little magnifying glass with a + in the middle and a hand when zoomed in. Always has.
Mine too!

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up