Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comprehensive Testing: Results & Observations with Pentax 645 Lenses on 645D  (Read 4850 times)

DandA

Hi All,

In case you are interested, I just posted my comprehensive review of multiple samples of most all Pentax FA AF 645 single focal length lenses (and a few FA zooms) when used on the 645D. The link is to my comprehensive 645 lens test is:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/35577-comprehensive-testing-results-observations-pentax-645-lenses-used-645d.html

Thanks!

Dave (DandA)

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography

Also Diglloyd has rather in-depth and easy to use comparisons available on his website As well. But your analysis is very interesting.

Also sample images couldn't hurt? or am I missing something? I feel like I might be
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

DandA

HI Brian,

Thanks for your kind words.  My inital posting of my observations and findings took far longer than I anticipated and hopefully in time after I finish and meet prior obligations, I would like to post images for many fo these lenses.  To post simply test images of brick walls and misc. test subjects would be overwhelming and that why a worded description in detail was used.  Still for some unusal observations like the "dead zone" I described that I and others have observed with the FA 35mmm f3.5 and possibly other representive examples of partiuclar lenses with unique attributes, would be valuable when images are provided to supliment my description.  Thanks!

Dave (DandA)

Brian Hirschfeld

Indeed its very detailed and well thought out. Maybe post it here too so people don't have to go off the site?

DandA

Hi Brian,

Once again I appreciate the kind words.  In general, I'm not a fan of spamming various forums with the same lengthy posting...so instead opted to simply put a link for others, which can simply be clicked on.

Currently I'm working on adding an addtion to the write-up of my lens tests.  Namely this is testing Pentax's A* 600mm f5.6 lens on the 645D (with and without their 1.4x 645 converter) and also psossible use of that converter with both the FA 300 f4 and FA 400 f.5.6 645 lenses.

Dave (DandA)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:26:40 am by DandA »

Brian Hirschfeld

It's not spamming if it is interesting ;)

Dave Gurtcheff

It's not spamming if it is interesting ;)

last person to Spam, is Dave (D&A), he is a real gentleman.
D.

DandA

Thank you for your kind words Dave, they are always greatly appreciated.  I guess what I meant to say (and might not have said it too well the first go around)...is I feel a little uncomfortabel posting the same length post on multiple forums.  Instead I simply opted for a short single link which with one click of the mouse, the reader instantly can see the lens review.  I appreciate the suggestion though and I should have expressed that in my previous post.  Thanks.

Dave (DandA)

larkis

• My photography blog

Will you be testing the new 25mm lens ?

DandA

Will you be testing the new 25mm lens ?

I hope to be testing the new 25mm soon.  Currently I am testing the A* 600 f5.6 on the 645D with and without the 1.4x.  I am also testing the 1.4x on the FA 300 f4 and FA 400 f5.6 lenses too. I'll add my findings and comments to the Comprehsive Lens Testing Results as soon as the etsting is compeleted. Thanks!

Dave (DandA)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:59:15 am by DandA »
Pages: [1]   Go Up