Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon GX1 review  (Read 4476 times)

Whensly

Canon GX1 review
« on: March 15, 2012, 11:00:52 am »

Interesting review of the Canon GX 1 vs the Panasonic GX 1 and a great comparison to the Sony R1 (one of my all time digital faves).

I went and looked for a "walk around camera" and looked at the GX 1 from both Pana and Canon but then I noticed the Panasonic G3 which nobody is pushing out there.  The SAME sensor as the Pana GX1 only with a very good Electric Viewfinder, and here's the catch it's $300 less than the others.  The Pana GX1 with NO viewfinder is $800, the G3 is now selling for around $500. Put your M lens's, Pannnies, Olympus or legacy lenses and you're set.

Just wanted to put that out there. I have a G3 as tempted as I am to jump into the new Fuji system, for $500 this is a GREAT little camera,
and should have been mentioned when side by siding the new Canon vs the Panasonic Gx1.  If you like I can send images.

Peace

armand

• Photos
Re: Canon GX1 review
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 02:57:27 pm »

I held a G3 recently while I was in B&H and stays really well in hand while being compact. It's definitely a good value.

RichDesmond

Re: Canon GX1 review
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 07:03:12 pm »

Interesting review of the Canon GX 1 vs the Panasonic GX 1 and a great comparison to the Sony R1 (one of my all time digital faves).

I went and looked for a "walk around camera" and looked at the GX 1 from both Pana and Canon but then I noticed the Panasonic G3 which nobody is pushing out there.  The SAME sensor as the Pana GX1 only with a very good Electric Viewfinder, and here's the catch it's $300 less than the others.  The Pana GX1 with NO viewfinder is $800, the G3 is now selling for around $500. Put your M lens's, Pannnies, Olympus or legacy lenses and you're set.

Just wanted to put that out there. I have a G3 as tempted as I am to jump into the new Fuji system, for $500 this is a GREAT little camera,
and should have been mentioned when side by siding the new Canon vs the Panasonic Gx1.  If you like I can send images.

Peace

I had the same thought when reading the article, that the G3 was the natural competitor to the G1X. Very close in size, cheaper, excellent EVF, much more versatile.
I'm sure the market research people at Canon know their business, but to me the G1X seems like the answer to a question nobody asked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up