Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4 crashing on printing  (Read 1980 times)

phila

• www.philaphoto.com
LR4 crashing on printing
« on: March 15, 2012, 01:23:18 am »

All has been going fine with LR4 up until this afternoon when I went to do the first prints with it. The first job (8 A4 sheets) went fine. The next (3 A4 sheets) and every subsequent attempt has had LR crashing a few seconds after clicking on Print. No settings were changed between jobs. Happens when printing to my iPF5100 and my Pro9000. Had to crank LR3 up again to print the job.

Any thoughts?

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
Re: LR4 crashing on printing
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 02:33:11 am »

The only issues of this sort which I have experienced came when I checked print preview. This was LR3, I stopped checking it and have not had further problems, including LR4.

Gerry Walden

• My Home Page
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 06:08:33 am »

I have done a number of prints of sizes from A4 to A3+using LR4 with absolutely no problem at all. I am using an iMac with Lion as an operating system. I am using a Canon printer, but would not suggest that is why I have had no problems.

Gerry
Gerry Walden
www.gwpics.com

francois

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:36:53 am »

I printed many A2 sheets yesterday afternoon and everything was OK. I'm running 10.7.3 and printed images from 21MP to 200MP…

Try to see if there's any weird error message in the console log…
Francois

phila

• www.philaphoto.com
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 12:13:44 am »

Had another attempt today but still no luck. I can post (the very long) crash log here if anyone thinks they might be able to decipher it. I ended up sending about 10 crash reports to Adobe but have yet to hear anything back from them - which is probably not surprising given it is the weekend.

Is it worth trashing the Prefs file do you think? If so which one?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 01:34:38 am by phila »

francois

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 01:44:03 pm »

Had another attempt today but still no luck. I can post (the very long) crash log here if anyone thinks they might be able to decipher it. I ended up sending about 10 crash reports to Adobe but have yet to hear anything back from them - which is probably not surprising given it is the weekend.

Is it worth trashing the Prefs file do you think? If so which one?

You can try to reset the printing system and then re-add it (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1341).

Does printing also crash from another user account?
Francois

phila

• www.philaphoto.com
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 04:35:52 am »

It appears to be a LR, not a printer problem, so Resetting the printing system isn't likely to fix it (but I'll try that if nothing else works). As I said printing to both the iPF5100 or Pro9000 crash LR4 but I can print to both from LR3, Safari etc.

francois

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 05:18:23 am »

It appears to be a LR, not a printer problem, so Resetting the printing system isn't likely to fix it (but I'll try that if nothing else works). As I said printing to both the iPF5100 or Pro9000 crash LR4 but I can print to both from LR3, Safari etc.

Then deleting the preferences files makes sense.
Francois

phila

• www.philaphoto.com
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 10:04:48 pm »

Deleting the prefs didn't help so I rang Adobe.

After an hour on the phone to Adobe support the probem is fixed. Turned out to be a User Account permissions problem. Had to enable Root account via Users&Groups/Login Options/Network Account Server/Directory Utility then open Disc Utility and Repair Permissions (and then log out etc). Now all good.

francois

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 06:10:02 am »

Deleting the prefs didn't help so I rang Adobe.

After an hour on the phone to Adobe support the probem is fixed. Turned out to be a User Account permissions problem. Had to enable Root account via Users&Groups/Login Options/Network Account Server/Directory Utility then open Disc Utility and Repair Permissions (and then log out etc). Now all good.

Good to know, thanks for reporting and happy printing!
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up