Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4 Tutorial numbering system  (Read 3063 times)

schrodingerscat

LR4 Tutorial numbering system
« on: March 14, 2012, 09:16:13 pm »

Just got done downloading the last of the files and was starting to get them organized in folders. I like to put the individual segments in a folder and keep the zips in a separate folder for safekeeping.

After decanting the first 10 zips, which produced vids 1-14, I noticed that zip 11 started the numbering sequence all over again(first vid is 01). Didn't see anything on the store page of downloads to indicate what this signifies. Possibly the demarcation between the newby and experienced user segments?

Only concern was that when moving the new 01 file into the folder with the previous files it put the new 01 in between the old 01 and the old 02, which probably puts it out of sequence.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: LR4 Tutorial numbering system
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:51:49 pm »

Note, the 1-14 intros where numbered 01i_Intro-Library.mov (note the i) The advanced numbers don't have an 'i' in the name. What I've done is put all the Intro vids into a separate folder from the advanced which is in a different folder.

I don't disagree that it can get confusing...I didn't even realize any of the advanced vids had been posted. But once you grok what's going on, it shouldn't be too bad...if you have a better idea for the future (Chris is locked into the current system) let us know...we're always interested in improving the user experience.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:57:05 pm »

It's a lot simpler if you do one of two things (or even both ???)

Read the Table of Contents

Look at the Watch Me Movie in the first download file

Chris

schrodingerscat

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 12:04:15 am »

Have just gone through the first 14, and answered my own questions. Thanks for the replies nonetheless.

Onward through the fog...

AveryRagan

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 11:30:21 am »

This is why I don't read instruction files. If I open the file I'm afraid that I will find out that I'm brain dead... :if I leave it closed there is always hope.  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up