Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR3 = Laptop Lightroom, LR4 = Desktop Lightroom  (Read 1399 times)

dreed

LR3 = Laptop Lightroom, LR4 = Desktop Lightroom
« on: March 14, 2012, 12:35:55 pm »

I'm not sure how this is going to work, but after going to the "Uninstall" control panel in Windows and seeing a 500MB difference in the size of LR3 vs LR4, it became clear that LR4 was not destined to stay on the laptop where disk space is still a primary concern.

jpegman

Re: LR3 = Laptop Lightroom, LR4 = Desktop Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 03:34:46 pm »

Maybe it's time to increase your Laptop Hard Drive - when 1/2 Gb of application space makes you think Laptop, how many RAW files can you download on your Laptop, or do you use an external drive for images? Laptops today have HD's typically 500Gb or larger.

dreed

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 08:52:51 pm »

For better or worse, I partition my laptop's hard drive so that all of the applications and windows itself lives by itself. This prevents me filling up the system space with pictures (and causing problems for windows) but similarly means that I can't just decide I need 50 less raw pictures for the same of a newer version of Lightroom.

On the other side of that, if I were to replace the current hard drive (320GB) with a larger one just for the sake of Lightroom, then that's increasing the cost of a Lightroom upgrade by $100 or so.

stever

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 10:44:06 pm »

upgrading to 750gb on my laptop is one of the better $100 investmenst i've made - before LR4
Pages: [1]   Go Up