Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Liguria landscapes  (Read 836 times)

marcocarmassi

• Marco Carmassi Fine Art Photography
    • Marco Carmassi Fine Art Photography
Liguria landscapes
« on: March 14, 2012, 07:14:41 am »

Some weeks ago I was driving to Genua and I stopped by some fantastic places in the east coast of Liguria, not far from the northern border of Tuscany. The weather was amazing, the colors so brilliant and I took some photos. Here are examples of what I shot in Tellaro, Portovenere and Vezzano Ligure.

Rob C

Re: Liguria landscapes
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:53:41 am »

I like the subjects but I do not like the colour at all. Nothing looks convincingly real, and if for fantasy, not sufficiently in that direction either. Lost opportunity; poor (IMO) processing decisions? I'm sure it's all recoverable.

Rob C

P.S. I do have the "three-week flu" at the  moment, so perhaps it's just me. ;-)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 10:02:28 am »

+1. Pushed color saturation is for itinerant photographers who sell in "art fairs." It can spoil a picture for anyone with eyes to see.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

shutterpup

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 11:00:02 am »

I agree with Russ and Rob about the color on this one. More is not always better.

francois

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 12:01:37 pm »

Yep, saturation is too much for me. Tone it down a bit and you'll have very nice images…
Francois

popnfresh

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 12:29:58 pm »

Yup, the colors are too amped-up and garish. However it's easily correctable, even with these jpegs. I opened them in Photoshop and applied Snap Neutral Midtones. It made a substantial improvement--much more natural color. In Photoshop CS5 it's under Image\Adjustments\Curves\Options. Try it, you'll like it.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up