Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Point Curve Bug when updating LR3 to LR4  (Read 2362 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Point Curve Bug when updating LR3 to LR4
« on: March 12, 2012, 06:35:57 pm »

Folks, as some have noted, the final retail release has a bug when updating LR3 catalogs where the images have been edited with the point curve editor. This is a known issue that is being worked on (more info soon). Tom Hogarty has responded in this thread on the feedback.photoshop.com forum. See Lightroom: LR4 doesn't display point curve adjustments made in LR3.

Unfortunate but it now seems that the point curve edits have not been "lost" just "misplaced" in the upgrade process. There will be a script that users can run to return the point curve edits and the bug will be eliminated in a dot release (no time from for the dot release but the script should be available soon).

Rand47

Re: Point Curve Bug when updating LR3 to LR4
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 08:46:05 pm »

Jeff,

Thanks for the definitive info. 
Rand Scott Adams

Malco

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 03:04:00 am »

That is good to hear, but there are still huge problems regarding how slow LR4 is as you can see from here  :(

BFoto

• Brad's blog
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 06:41:28 am »

Thanks Jeff

Misplaced via the dng codec i wonder. This would explain why the image adjustment still exist visually on the image when flicking the develop history, but does not represent on the tone curve.

Just to clarify then.....

There is now no need to wait until the dot release. In other words i am assured that the dot release will 'replace' the tone curve on my old images, and thus i can continue on my merry way enjoying all the +ve's LR4 offers for new image imports?

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 10:24:30 am »

That is good to hear, but there are still huge problems regarding how slow LR4 is as you can see from here  :(

OT, but my install of LR4 is extremely fast on a PC...no issues as all.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 12:17:43 pm »

There is now no need to wait until the dot release. In other words i am assured that the dot release will 'replace' the tone curve on my old images, and thus i can continue on my merry way enjoying all the +ve's LR4 offers for new image imports?

Well, this applies ONLY to images whose PV is 2010 and whose point curves were modified in LR3 and whose catalog was updated to LR4. All of the other image settings upgrade. And for those people who have the issue, a script will be available soon to return the point curve settings...

BFoto

• Brad's blog
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 05:15:17 pm »

Cheers Jeff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up