Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artwork Copy Light Kit  (Read 827 times)

phero66

• Artbot Photography
Artwork Copy Light Kit
« on: March 12, 2012, 02:50:56 am »

I'm selling my 6 Tota Light tungsten kit for lighting artwork with cross-polarization.  It served me very well for several years, but I have had to move into strobe and fluorescent out of convenience.  If you have the ability to shoot in controlled lighting all the time, or can photograph at night then this set works very well.  It is very adaptable to large or small artwork; by adjusting the light spacing you can create a beam of overlapping light to create a larger more even spread.  My usual setup is to put 3 on each light stand, shooting this way I have photographed pieces up to 12ft tall.  The beam pattern is fairly linear, and if you cross-polarize any harsh reflections from the hard lights are removed.  Also because there are so many lights, I run them fairly low wattage at 300w each.  This gives me more lights to spread with but won't trip the breakers in most places.  Also 300w bulbs are safe with the polarizers, any higher and you have to put them on a separate pole further way.

The items are used, but well cared for.  Some scuffs here or there, but look very good and function perfectly.  I'm including polarizers as well, but they are near end of life and need to be replaced.

This Kit includes:
6 Lowel Tota lights with 300w bulbs
6 Tota Frames - Gel holders to attach 10x12" polarizers
6 Polarizer sheets (not shown) - These are near end of life, the corners are eaten off by the clips on the gel holder frames.  You can use them but will have to keep repairing the edges.  I recommend replacing eventually with laminated polarizer which you can buy by the foot and cut down here: http://www.polarization.com/polarshop/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=30
Case - Has room to fit additional mounting hardware

What you need to complete the kit:
- Light stands
- Mounting Hardware.  As is only one light can be mounted to the post on top of the stand.  However, using Super Clamp style clamps and Lowel Interlink 5/8th studs (or cheaper 90 degree studs if you can find them) you can securely clamp on the lights to the side of the light stand.  I still use my mounting hardware for my 6 strobes so I can't give them up.
- Replace Polarizer film with new stuff eventually
- Polarizer for your lens (if you don't already have one).

Asking $500.  Buyer can pickup in San Francisco or pay for shipping/insurance. 

I'm open to selling the lights individually but would rather sell as a kit first.

-John

Pages: [1]   Go Up