Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tutorial  (Read 4719 times)

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
Tutorial
« on: March 11, 2012, 01:54:03 pm »

As a long time user of Lightroom, I would like to offer kudos to Jeff and Michael for doing another terrific tutorial "Advanced Guide To Lightroom 4".  As has been the tradition in their tutorial series, this one is also really good and I highly recommend it.  Answers many questions which I see bantered about in this forum!  Both presenters are excellent and both know their stuff.  And I also would like to offer thanks to Jeff for not strangling Michael sometimes...their dynamics are fun to watch!

michael

Re: Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 02:12:24 pm »

Thanks,

But how about kudos to me for not strangling Jeff. You have no idea how much self control is required.  ;)

Michael

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 03:11:54 pm »

But how about kudos to me for not strangling Jeff. You have no idea how much self control is required.  ;)
It looks to me as if he's bigger than you are, Michael. Are sure your self-control isn't helped by a sense of self-preservation?

Jeremy

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:15:34 pm »

Yo Michael, I pretty much agree with kikashi...could you actually get your hands around Jeff's neck so you could maybe do damage???  Self control on your part seems like a good policy to follow!   :D  Seriously, you both seem like good guys...

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 11:28:01 pm »

Self control on your part seems like a good policy to follow!   :D  Seriously, you both seem like good guys...

We all get along (more or less)...and no, there's no way Mike could take me down...he could run away and I prolly couldn't catch him, but if push comes to shove, it would be his ass on the ground.

Chris? I'm not too sure...Chris isn't a shrimp like Mike is...but they're both Canadian so I'm not sure either would be worth a crap in a bar fight. Too friggin' polite, ya know?

Me? I would want the first blow to put the guy down. No need for Marquess of Queensberry Rules, I ain't English...so my gut response would be to kick in the nutz and get it over with.

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 11:38:44 pm »

Chris? I'm not too sure...Chris isn't a shrimp like Mike is...but they're both Canadian so I'm not sure either would be worth a crap in a bar fight. Too friggin' polite, ya know?

Jeff, you forget we Canadians grew up watching hockey. I'm sure Chris would quickly pull one of your stylish shirts over your head, effectively rendering you blind, and then would spin you in circles until you both wind up on the ground and the linesman steps in...

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 11:44:25 pm »

The interaction of the LuLa tutorials makes the videos enjoyable and entertaining - especially when Michael and Jeff team up.  There are many tutorial videos out there (heck, I've even tried a couple), some very good such as Julianne Kost at Adobe, but the ones from LuLa are a good mix between entertaining enough to keep you awake and watching  and presenting great information in a way you remember it.

Schewe

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 11:58:17 pm »

Thanks for the kind words Wayne...appreciated!

And the old hockey trick of dropping your gloves and pulling up the shirt wouldn't work on me...first, I never could understand why you would drop perfectly good gloves that would protect your hands and hit somebody with your bare fists and risk breaking you hands...and the other thing is why do you drop a perfectly good stick which you could hit with and use you hands? Sorry, I just don't get hockey...

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 12:02:55 am »

The interaction of the LuLa tutorials makes the videos enjoyable and entertaining - especially when Michael and Jeff team up.  There are many tutorial videos out there (heck, I've even tried a couple), some very good such as Julianne Kost at Adobe, but the ones from LuLa are a good mix between entertaining enough to keep you awake and watching  and presenting great information in a way you remember it.

I have found that some of Julianne Kost's Adobe tutorials nicely complement the LuLa offerings (to which I am addicted). Not a lot of duplication and an interestingly different perspective on some issues. We are fortunate to have such high quality support so easily available (now that the LuLa servers are working nicely again).
Ken Cameron

Rand47

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 09:10:00 pm »

Mike, Jeff...

I find the friendly "tension" that sometimes arises between your perspectives to be enlightening.  In some weird way it adds to the depth of the presentation (more than the sum of the parts, etc.).

You guys are genuine experts and artists, yet come across as un-stuffy and approachable.

Thanks!
Rand Scott Adams

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 10:08:36 pm »

Mike, Jeff...

I find the friendly "tension" that sometimes arises between your perspectives to be enlightening.  In some weird way it adds to the depth of the presentation (more than the sum of the parts, etc.).

You guys are genuine experts and artists, yet come across as un-stuffy and approachable.

Thanks!
I agree. And having two viewpoints that don't always totally agree makes the whole tutorial that much more informative (and entertaining).

Thanks guys for the great stuff!

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Schewe

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 10:36:59 pm »

Stop, STOP...you're gonna give us big heads!!!

:~)

Actually, thanks guys for all the kind words...it really is appreciated.

John Cothron

• Cothron Photography
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 12:10:40 am »

Another job well done, and very good idea in using the graduated gray to demonstrate the range of the new sliders.  Very demonstrative. 
John
Flickr

CoyoteButtes

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 05:20:47 am »

May I please echo all of the above positive comments? The non-scripted comments are almost as helpful as the "script." I learn so much from both Jeff and Michael.

Thanks for the valuable training.

Stan

abdulrahim62

• Omanfotoland
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 05:50:06 am »

I enjoy watching Michael and Jeff in the tutorials.

Huge amount of information is passed to us, but most important the sense of humor and the style of presentation is the key success to staying in front of the screen for hours and watching them booth talking.
I feel like I am with them in the same room, listening to them and learning their style.

lots of greetings for both from OMAN

Abdul

LarsHalstrom

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 06:06:23 pm »

They are kind of like Tom and Ray on NPR's CarTalk. An answer for everything in an entertaining fun way.  8)

dmward

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 04:24:29 pm »

The latest Lightroom Tutorial is a continuation of the great, and informative work that M & J have accomplished.

Since Jeff is a fellow Chicagoan, I would have to cheer for him if a fight broke out. :-)

Thanks guys for a great resource.

Pages: [1]   Go Up