Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon D7000 First Impressions  (Read 1664 times)

Edalongthepacific

Nikon D7000 First Impressions
« on: March 10, 2012, 09:53:18 pm »

Got a D7000 today mostly to upgrade from a D200 where the images were a little too noisy and too small at times. The D7000 seems to be a JPEG shooter's camera. The JEPG images (with minor and convenient changes in the D7000's menu) are sharp, properly saturated and have good contrast. I made minor changes to contrast (curves) and output sharpening. Some of the RAW images seem too soft even for a RAW image. What do you think?

ckimmerle

• http://www.chuckkimmerle.com
Re: Nikon D7000 First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:23:55 pm »

I used a D7000 when my D3x was down. I thought the images were very good. The NEF's looked a bit different than those I got with the D3x, but nothing to complain about.

It is a very good camera.
"The real voyage of discove

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 10:35:06 pm »

Got a D7000 today mostly to upgrade from a D200 where the images were a little too noisy and too small at times. The D7000 seems to be a JPEG shooter's camera. The JEPG images (with minor and convenient changes in the D7000's menu) are sharp, properly saturated and have good contrast. I made minor changes to contrast (curves) and output sharpening. Some of the RAW images seem too soft even for a RAW image. What do you think?

I think you should use it for awhile and post back in a couple of weeks.  I think you will be surprised, but will be interested in your findings.

bjammin

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 07:47:45 pm »

I got a D700 when it first came out and have been really pleased.  I've used it to shoot critical commercial catalog and billboard images with great success. In the past I've shot the D300, D200, and D100.  This has them all beat.  It is worth noting that some specific camera bodies and specific lens combinations could have focus issues which can be checked with tools such as the LensAlign MII.  I have also taken the time to produce custom color profiles for this camera body using the color checker Passport by X-Rite.

If you don't get stellar results, perhaps you might take one of your lenses and a memory card to your local camera dealer and shoot some test shots for comparison on a D7000 from their showcase.

Good Luck!

Bjammin

ChuckT

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 11:30:31 am »

Up the sharpening to 6

cvt
Pages: [1]   Go Up