Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dark Print topic.  (Read 1622 times)

enduser

Dark Print topic.
« on: March 10, 2012, 02:31:44 am »

I would like to see the whole thread deleted since it contains extremey bad mannered posts by several members as well as the originator.  Un-edifying is putting it mildly.  Can we have it all deleted?

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Dark Print topic.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:42:57 am »

I disagree. Now that that thread is closed it can still provide some hints as to how not to get useful answers from the experts in the field. And anyone is free to ignore the entire thread if they wish.

Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

jeremypayne

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 08:51:24 am »

I disagree. Now that that thread is closed it can still provide some hints as to how not to get useful answers from the experts in the field. And anyone is free to ignore the entire thread if they wish.

Eric

... not to mention the entertainment value ... and I haven't finished reading the whole thing yet!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:52:13 am by Jeremy Payne »

Garnick

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 10:02:06 am »

Eric & Jeremy,

I've been waiting to see how long it would take for this topic rise from the ashes again. Well of course it's not actually the topic, more like a truncated discussion of how the topic was handled.  I refused to get caught up in it, since the entertainment value was quite valid without my involvement.  I'm a big fan of Jeff's, but I did think even his buttons were being pushed beyond the limits near the end of the thread.  Too bad he finally lost control, but I do understand.  Up to that point, in my opinion, he was truly trying to help, but it seemed to become a moot point as the OP continued to disregard and indeed disrespect some or most of his suggestions.  Had I jumped in I'm sure my chains would have been equally rattled and my comments not as restricted as his.  I think it was definitely in Michael's interest, and the best interest of the forum in general, to put a lock on the thread at that point, but to also leave it up for the time being.  That way one can chose to either have a read or to ignore it altogether.  It would seem that perhaps the OP had some issues with other forums as well.  Not surprising!

Gary

Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 11:18:02 am »

I'd not bothered with that thread after the first answer which pointed Zoltan at earlier discussions. After seeing this comment this morning, I read it from beginning to end, with fascination and growing horror. It was like watching a slow-motion car crash, complete with explosion from an over-provoked Jeff towards the end.

It is a monument to how not to be helped, to how to turn some of the most knowledgable people around from helpfulness to irritation and beyond. Zoltan makes the most bone-headed and unreasonable of my clients (and I've had an awful lot which fit that description) appear receptive and sensible.

The thread should be left up, perhaps even pinned so it doesn't slip out of memory.

Jeremy (the other one)

(or is Payne the other one?)

KeithR

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 12:01:44 pm »

... not to mention the entertainment value ... and I haven't finished reading the whole thing yet!
Zoltan continues his book over on dpreview. You think it was frustrating here! The guy just doesn't know when to admit he doesn't know what he's talking about.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 01:42:17 pm »

Zoran, not Zoltan, for what it is worth.

Otherwise, he would accuse us of not being able to read even his name properly, let alone his questions ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up