Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuscany  (Read 1754 times)

hubell

Tuscany
« on: July 24, 2004, 07:57:02 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']I suggest getting a  very detailed map of the Val D'Orcia region south of Siena and wandering the back roads in the late afternoon and early evening(1) around Asciano, and (2) north and south of the road between Montepulciano and San Quirico. The landscape in that area has the classic open, rolling  Tuscan hillsides with villas and cypress trees. The Chianti region, OTOH, is quite heavily wooded, and I had much less success there finding things I wanted to shoot.
Enjoy.[/font]

Guy Harry

Tuscany
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 03:28:11 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Hi - I am off to Tuscany at the start of September on a 2 week holiday. I will be staying about half way between Florence and Arezzo. I have a few of the classic locations in mind (i.e South of Sienna) but could anyone recommend anything else? What sort of conditions could I expect to find at that time of year? Any help would be useful. Whilst the trip is not specifically for photography I will have plenty of opportunities to engage in it. I  will be using a combination of D60 and 5x4.

Thanks[/font]

stevemcb

Tuscany
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 10:11:45 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Nothing I would disagree with in the above, but I would add that there are lots of really nice places all over this whole area. Just keep your eyes open.[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up