Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abandoned quarry  (Read 1080 times)

marcocarmassi

• Marco Carmassi Fine Art Photography
Abandoned quarry
« on: March 08, 2012, 11:43:31 am »

Hi folks,
some days ago I stumbled on an abandoned quarry not far from my place. It's a great spot for shooting with rusty machinery, half-destroyed excavators and trucks from the '50 mixed with weird stuff like the armchair in the photo below. I did a first session but the sky was plain and uninteresting, then I went back after a few days and I took this photos and many others that I'm working on. I took panoramic photos using a great and easy to use tool, the MK Panohead 3, manufactured by MK Panorama Systeme (Germany). It's very well done and steady, working fine with a huge range of lenses. In this case, I used it with 85mm/f1,2 lens, setting the steps (degrees) to exploit the great sharpness of the lens. It's formed by 12 shots and its size is 90" (long edge) without any enlargement.
Cheers

Rob C

Re: Abandoned quarry
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 03:17:36 pm »

In which part of Sardinia is the National Park?

Rob C

jhemp

• Glad to be alive and a photographer
    • Jay Hemphill Photography
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 10:13:26 pm »

I think you might have nailed it.  At first I thought it looked over saturated, but the more I look at it, I think it works.  I could see this a HUGE print.

marcocarmassi

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 09:39:22 am »

I think you might have nailed it.  At first I thought it looked over saturated, but the more I look at it, I think it works.  I could see this a HUGE print.

Thanks jhemp. Yes, the large print tests I did are very satisfying. The Panohead is an absolutely indispensable tool for large format prints.
Pages: [1]   Go Up