Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moonrise  (Read 1034 times)

SAMurray

Moonrise
« on: March 08, 2012, 05:04:39 am »

A bit of an optimistic title really since the moon is so small in the frame, wish i had a longer lens with me at the time.
Was taken exploring some cliffs in the local area i had never visited before, found some interesting little beaches with plenty of rockpools.

Coast by ScottAMurray, on Flickr

stpf8

• Stephen Penland Photography
Re: Moonrise
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 01:44:18 pm »

I agree about the optimism.  The moon is little more than an irritating distraction in an otherwise smooth sky that tries to keep me from focusing on the rocks (yeah, that's a little harsh, but my sentiments lie in that direction).  I think the photo would be stronger without the moon.  I don't understand the lightness of the rock in the foreground -- is it naturally this light relative to the surrounding rocks, or has additional light been added?  I suspect the former, but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:46:38 pm by stpf8 »
Stephen Penland
www.stephenpenland.com

SAMurray

Re: Moonrise
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 04:07:46 pm »

I agree about the optimism.  The moon is little more than an irritating distraction in an otherwise smooth sky that tries to keep me from focusing on the rocks (yeah, that's a little harsh, but my sentiments lie in that direction).  I think the photo would be stronger without the moon.  I don't understand the lightness of the rock in the foreground -- is it naturally this light relative to the surrounding rocks, or has additional light been added?  I suspect the former, but I'm not sure.

I'm coming more to that conclusion myself concerning the moon, It isn't looking as good to me a day on I think i should leave a day before i process photos so i can do it with a clear mind. The rock was a lot lighter than the surrounding rocks and a different colour, it is highlighted with a slight bit of dodging though as I wanted to convey this a bit more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up