Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paypal integration in Lightroom 4, or LRG One web template compatible?  (Read 9354 times)

Roscolo

Is there some sort of Paypal integration in Lightroom 4? I don't mean an export plugin to SmugMug or some other such service. I've been using the awesome LRG One template in earlier version of Lightroom to sell images online. Don't want to have my photos printed by some lab. Or can someone confirm they are successfully using LRG One plug-in with Lightroom 4?

Thnx

Grosset

I was going to say that I too was having this problem, but then.....

I was going through my export presets, to make sure they work in LR4, and a message popped up saying that the plugin 'Mogrify' needed to be upgraded. So I did, restarted LR4, and lo and behold LRG One Paypal works as before!

Don't ask me why.....

Simon

Grosset

And then I restarted LR4 again, and it wasn't working again.

I have a saved web template for my LRG One PayPal gallery, and when I choose that I am presented with a black blank preview.

However, if you choose to upload, the page is made correctly.

There's a new item too - under 'Web' in the menus (top of Lightroom, only visible in Web module) there's a "preview in browser" command. Choosing that shows the web page has been constructed correctly.

I'm currently trying this away from home on my under-powered, old, MacBook Pro, and am wondering if it's a graphics issue?

Some of my other, non-Paypal, templates don't look as though they're working, yet when you preview them via the new command, they work perfectly.

hth

Simon

Roscolo

And then I restarted LR4 again, and it wasn't working again.

I have a saved web template for my LRG One PayPal gallery, and when I choose that I am presented with a black blank preview.

However, if you choose to upload, the page is made correctly.

There's a new item too - under 'Web' in the menus (top of Lightroom, only visible in Web module) there's a "preview in browser" command. Choosing that shows the web page has been constructed correctly.

I'm currently trying this away from home on my under-powered, old, MacBook Pro, and am wondering if it's a graphics issue?

Some of my other, non-Paypal, templates don't look as though they're working, yet when you preview them via the new command, they work perfectly.

hth

Simon

Thanks. Sounds like I will stick with what I'm using now, as from reading here it sounds like there are other problems that make LR 4 not quite ready for prime time. I love LRG One. I would just as soon avoid upgrading it I can't use it. Maybe I'll download the trial and put it on a fresh workstation and try it out. If it works I'll post back here.

Thanks again

kevk

• Kevin Kucks Photography

Reading about this made me go looking for this "LRG One PayPal gallery" as I would like to try PayPal integration with a LR web gallery...but it looks like it has vanished - lightroomgalleries.com is now just a blog with no feedback options. :(

Kevin

Raven Falls

Actually, an entry from January on that site gives further details:

Welcome to the new LRG Website, it has been a while since I have been able to get back to working on LRG. I will be adding content and posting new stuff in the upcoming weeks and months. I will also be starting on some new galleries that are compatible with Lightroom 4 so stay tuned. In the meantime, download and enjoy the Lightroom 4 Beta if you have not already http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom4/

So, it looks like he's going to produce some new, LR4-compatible galleries.  No word on whether he'll be updating LRG One for it, though, so I guess I'm going to stick with LR3 unless Adobe makes the new product compatible with his old galleries.

Roscolo

Reading about this made me go looking for this "LRG One PayPal gallery" as I would like to try PayPal integration with a LR web gallery...but it looks like it has vanished - lightroomgalleries.com is now just a blog with no feedback options. :(

Saw that, too. I downloaded LRG One long ago, though, and fortunately I never delete any of my downloads, so I still have it. And I donated to the cause. He should keep it up there. It's worth keeping an older version of Lightroom just to be able to use LRG One to create galleries for web sales.

Raven Falls

Has anyone tried this out, to see if it's fixed in 4.1?

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography

I've tried using LRG One Paypal with a new gallery/website. So far, I've gotten elements to work, however, I can't seem to figure out how to modify the elements that allow you to list sizes, prices, etc. The general mechanics seem to work -- I was able to export it, open it in a browser and actually use it with my Paypal Shopping cart. However, the cart was of course empty, because i couldn't figure out how to create/modify prices and sizes. But the buttons at least appear!

Nemo

Raven Falls

I've tried using LRG One Paypal with a new gallery/website. So far, I've gotten elements to work, however, I can't seem to figure out how to modify the elements that allow you to list sizes, prices, etc. The general mechanics seem to work -- I was able to export it, open it in a browser and actually use it with my Paypal Shopping cart. However, the cart was of course empty, because i couldn't figure out how to create/modify prices and sizes.

I thought those were supposed to be entered into the "Instructions" field of the image's IPTC metadata, in a specific format, rather than through anything you do in the Web module/LRG gallery itself.  Set them properly in the metadata, and they'll appear by themselves -- unless there's a worse mismatch between LRG One Paypal and LR4.1 than I thought.

henchard

Newbie Alert!

Sorry if this may not be totally on thread (as I don't yet know if this works in LR 4) but I hit on the idea of using the custom Text box in a LR  Web Gallery to add a shopping cart to Lightroom. I've outlined the idea here as I know very little about Javascript to enable others to possibly develop this.

http://www.imat.co.uk/ligtroom_paypal.html

If anyone finds this useful and does improve it could they let me have those improvements to add to the page?

Kind regards.

Edit: I've now put a working BETA example of a gallery built with this technique here (still early days)

http://www.imat.co.uk/paypal/index.html

Feel free to test the cart but do not actually purchase anything as it will cost you money!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:17:54 am by henchard »

henchard

I have amended the code to also enable the purchase of different sized photos

the example gallery is here

http://www.imat.co.uk/paypal/index.html

the instructions are here

http://www.imat.co.uk/ligtroom_paypal.html

I am also given to understand that this technique works in LR 4
Pages: [1]   Go Up