Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Prints darker than reality / what my eyes are seeing?  (Read 45051 times)

ZoranC

Re: Prints darker than reality / what my eyes are seeing?
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2012, 01:18:46 am »

Not for nothing but...aside from joining LuLa to, as far as I can see, make a bunch of posts in the For Sale subforum in 2009, and a few in early 2012 regarding your newly purchased printer, I don't think you've spent much time posting here, huh?

No, I haven't. And that matters how?

This thread contains the majority of your posts here and it hasn't gone well for you, huh?. Maybe you need to step back and think about how you are behaving...

So new members with low post count have to take abuse from those with "seniority"? New members have to walk on eggshells, older ones can dish out whatever they please and still feel they smell better than a rose?

Once you post a topic, you really can't expect to control the flow of the answers...demanding answers adhere to some sort of self imposed criteria just doesn't fly here...you ask a question you get answers. You may like some and not like others–that's the way it is...You simply can't control how people do or don't answer you.

I am sorry that I was trying to get on topic conversation instead of being given precanned white cards without even reading my very first post. Coming to LL I was expecting better, I was for some reason thinking posting here would be resulting in something that is not what is typical of forums like DPR. I see you are telling me I should have known better.

If you get bent out of shape because you take umbrage with answers as some perceived slight to you, I think you need to grow a much thicker skin bud. I don't think you'll be long for these forums...

If I had thin skin I wouldn't have continued trying to get some help (to those that truly tried: thank you!) while being given warm welcome. And if those already here had thick skin they wouldn't have felt offended when somebody pushes back when pushed around.

Really if you thought Wayne was being "aggressive", you really don't have a friggin' clue. You want aggressive? I can give you aggressive ...

You believing you can be more agressive than him makes him justified how exactly? And what your sentence here is exactly supposed to mean?

believe me when I say I've already bent over backwards trying to help you out of your pitiful mess.

How exactly pointing me to article that is not applicable to what I was describing and having me to repeat things I already said several times and ending at that can be called "bending over backwards trying to help me"?

You are foundering and flailing around in your morass...

Not really. What I feel is true foundering and flailing around in morass is when one has to repeat same thing over and over and over because person that is asking him is just not reading first several posts.

I know how to print...I spend a fair amount of time trying to help people (and sometimes sell my knowledge in books or videos).

Like I said before, whether you can print and have the knowledge of the printing is not being commented on, but I am commenting on how "help" was dished out in this particular case and how much it did "help".

If you want to learn how to print, cool. Get off your high horse and join the forum and get the friggin' chip off your shoulder.

I do, that's why I came here, but it is impossible to learn when teachers are arriving on their high horses with chips on their own shoulders.

Your move dooode...think before replying.

At a certain point the moderators have the power to ban you. Consider that...if you want to hang around here. This is not your playground, you are a guest here. Those privileges can be taken away...

Yes, but let it be noted, by same token, if things are applied with equal criteria, _everybody_ should be held against same standards. Seniority by knowledge and/or post count should not imply freedom to believe one can take out on others what others are being threatened over.

So threaten all you want and ban all you want if that's what your heart desires, it's easy to do it and be aggressive when things are one sided and other side has virtual hands tied, but such power in the hands doesn't make one righteous nor it should be used to intimidate others into submission.

And if I do get banned I hope this thread, including this post, remains intact so there are no questions why exactly I got banned.

Have a nice day!

I would have had a nice day but photo of a nice day printed too dark so I will have the nice night and I wish you same :)

ZoranC

« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2012, 01:21:43 am »

"Statistically speaking it is highly unlikely that every single file I tried has bad RGB values and that that is related to me."

Statistically and otherwise. Since, so far, you've been relying on your in camera meter to properly expose your images, this could be a problem. Many digital camera light meters purposefully underexpose the image in an attempt to retain as much highlight detail as possible. They do this because it's generally a lot easier to extract shadow detail than pull in highlights that are blown. Sort of a safety factor, if you will. So, yes, it's very possible that many or most of your shots look underexposed directly out of the camera.

In addition, every profile for every paper incorporates an assumed light viewing condition for the resulting prints. That viewing condition is usually some sort of standardized, color corrected and luminance corrected specification. You can look them up if you want, but I don't have them off the top of my head. A lot of us use lights like the Solux tungsten 4700Kelvin lights or the equivalent. When you're viewing your prints under random room light, that viewing light is very likely not anywhere near the spec for viewing that the paper profiles were made under. This could make your prints appear lighter than normal, darker than normal, or, if you're lucky, approximately right.

But judging the situation after slogging through all these posts, it does seem like an overall exposure problem is at the root of your printer woes, particularly when you are saying that the test files are printing more or less right and your own files are not.

I may be mistaken, but I thought I saw in one of your posts that you were in Southern California. If that's true, I invite you to drop by my studio and we'll make a couple of test prints on my Epson 9900 which has been custom profile and view them on a reference calibrated monitor. Really, the only way to properly judge digital camera exposure is on a hardware calibrated screen in a color managed application. I could tell you a lot in a very few short minutes after seeing your files and making a couple of prints. The west side of L.A. awaits.

Peter

Peter, thank you for your input and generous offer. I will shot you my e-mail address. I am on West side almost daily.

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2012, 01:31:15 am »

I went to DpReview just to get a different look at ZoranC and how he handles himself.  Well, it is just like here.  Everyone that makes an attempt to help is told that they are not paying attention to what he has already written in a previous post.  Other people have a chip on their shoulder and are treating him like a child.  BLAH BLAH BLAH. 

Zoran:  Why have you not posted a single image in your quest to solve this problem?   Show us two images:  The file that you print.  And a photo of the print on the printer tray.

I double dog dare you.  Prove everyone wrong.  Prove yourself right.  Prove that you are not a troll only getting your jollies by making people angry. 

Put up or shut up.

One other thing?  At the top of most computer applications, there is a word "Help".  Have you taken the time to read and research the documentation that you already have?  Have you paid attention to the information that the companies who produced your equipment has provided?  HAVE YOU READ THE INSTRUCTIONS/OWNERS MANUALS?

ZoranC

« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2012, 01:38:40 am »

I went to DpReview just to get a different look at ZoranC and how he handles himself.  Well, it is just like here.  Everyone that makes an attempt to help is told that they are not paying attention to what he has already written in a previous post.  Other people have a chip on their shoulder and are treating him like a child.  BLAH BLAH BLAH. 

Bryan, you did all of that effort for little me? I am so flattered. But don't you think your doing that indicates you are not interested in topic but instead in doing what psycho stalker would do? Is that how you get your jollies?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2012, 01:41:54 am »

I would have had a nice day but photo of a nice day printed too dark so I will have the nice night and I wish you same :)

Uh huh...I guess you still haven't "groked" what I'm talking about. Know about Heinlein? If you did, then you would quit...continuing is only a statement on you, not me. You wont win (cause the deck is stacked against you...the more you flail, the more I win). Nothing you say will impact me, only you...at the click of a button, you are gone. Want to test me? You lose...

Now, do you honestly want to learn? Then correct your behavior...if not, then go away. You aren' "useful" at this point. And YOU lose...not me...

Farmer

« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2012, 01:46:20 am »

Step away from the troll, guys.
Phil Brown

ZoranC

« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2012, 01:47:11 am »

Uh huh...I guess you still haven't "groked" what I'm talking about. Know about Heinlein? If you did, then you would quit...continuing is only a statement on you, not me. You wont win (cause the deck is stacked against you...the more you flail, the more I win). Nothing you say will impact me, only you...at the click of a button, you are gone. Want to test me? You lose...

Now, do you honestly want to learn? Then correct your behavior...if not, then go away. You aren' "useful" at this point. And YOU lose...not me...

Bullying never phased me.

Schewe

« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2012, 01:53:16 am »

Bullying never phased me.

Well, it will when your IP address is banned...just saying...some of us have "super powers" some of us don't. I do, you don't. Wanna get into a mudsligging contest? Cool, you lose...wanna learn? Change your behavior or leave...your choice. Take it to the hilt? You lose doode...bye...have a nice day now. Have fun with your new printer (which prints too dark–the reason which escapes you).

Oh, then you won't be able to post on the For Sale subforum...wanna go down that road?

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2012, 01:53:45 am »

Bryan, you did all of that effort for little me? I am so flattered. But don't you think your doing that indicates you are not interested in topic but instead in doing what psycho stalker would do? Is that how you get your jollies?
There is no topic here.  This entire thread is not a topic, but a simple exercise in futility by people that DO know what they are talking about (hey, a lot of us get paid to teach this stuff) and you who can't figure out what the heck you are doing and refuse to accept that fact and continue to argue for who knows what reason ...

All  you have done in many of our cases (check the forums going back, you'll see who on this forum has the knowledge and has helped the most people, they have tried to help you) is insure we won't take questions of yours in the future seriously.  In my case, I've added you to my ignore list so I won't see anything you post on this forum in the future (and I'm pretty tolerant, I only have one other person on this list whose only contributions is to post when he puts a new article on his website, but never actually contributes to anything on the forum).

If you want the answer to your question, admit you don't really know what you are doing, admit you are actually willing to listen to people that do, throw away all preconceptions and expectations you currently have, get the chip off of your shoulder (yes, you are the one with the chip) and then read this thread very carefully.  The answers are all there.

And don't bother quoting and responding to anything I've said in this message because as of now I won't be seeing anything you post here on LuLa.  good luck, and bye.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2012, 01:54:30 am »

I am starting to miss John Koerner ;)

Schewe

« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2012, 02:00:27 am »

And don't bother quoting and responding to anything I've said in this message because as of now I won't be seeing anything you post here on LuLa.  good luck, and bye.

Oh I never let anybody off that easy...I enjoy this shyte...I'm in for the duration. It's entertaining (for me, maybe not for others and I understand that and generally agree). But I really seem to love buttheads like this. They don't (won't) win...in the end they go away (or get banned). That has yet to happen (even the internet isn't instantaneous) Chris? Clean up on isle 3??? Vaporize this asshole? (I would appreciate it). Put this putz out of his misery...please.

ZoranC

« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2012, 02:01:19 am »

Well, it will when your IP address is banned...just saying...some of us have "super powers" some of us don't. I do, you don't. Wanna get into a mudsligging contest? Cool, you lose...wanna learn? Change your behavior or leave...your choice. Take it to the hilt? You lose doode...bye...have a nice day now. Have fun with your new printer (which prints too dark–the reason which escapes you).

Oh, then you won't be able to post on the For Sale subforum...wanna go down that road?

Do you really believe membership in this or any other 'net forum is so important to people that they would rather swallow their dignity and take the bullying without objecting over it than losing the membership? People don't do it even when stakes are much higher.

Schewe

« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2012, 02:05:45 am »

Do you really believe membership in this or any other 'net forum is so important to people that they would rather swallow their dignity and take the bullying without objecting over it than losing the membership?

What "dignity"?

You lost that many posts ago...if you want to get your money back for this forum, you go ahead and ask for it...you'll get your money's worth (which is exactly zero dooode).

What part of "these aren't the droids you were looking for" did you not understand?

ZoranC

« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2012, 02:11:32 am »

What "dignity"? You lost that many posts ago...

I was not one that was "bending himself over helping" by asking questions that clearly show not even very first post was read, you were.

desy

« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2012, 02:14:31 am »

Wow, who would have thought that an unpublished Samuel Beckett play would turn up on the LL printing forum?

Schewe

« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2012, 02:21:01 am »

Wow, who would have thought that an unpublished Samuel Beckett play would turn up on the LL printing forum?

Good answer...I like that. But, ZoranC isn't long for this world (my prediction). His behavior isn't what I would call, "ready for prime time". He still doesn't know what he doesn't know, ya know? Yet he seems to be highly motivated in telling people what he thinks we don't know...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:23:09 am by Schewe »

Geraldo Garcia

« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2012, 02:29:10 am »

Folks,

Are you feeding the troll just for fun?  :D

Best regards.

Schewe

« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2012, 02:30:59 am »

Are you feeding the troll just for fun?  :D

Yes, sorry is that a bad thing?

Even trolls need feeding...sometimes because it teaches others how to behave or not behave...we'll see how long ZoranC keeps up his diatribe (my guess. isn't all that long)...

But hey, I've been wrong before (a few times, but in this case I don't suspect it'll be long before we're clear of this, uh, "person")..

Just saying'
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:35:23 am by Schewe »

desy

« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2012, 02:31:48 am »

"His plan therefore was not to refuse admission to the idea, but to keep it at bay until his mind was ready to receive it. Then let it in and pulverise it. Obliterate the bast*rd."

Schewe

« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2012, 03:09:12 am »

...Obliterate the bast*rd.

Yep, I'm, ok with that...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up