Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4: lrtemplates, plugins, and presets question..  (Read 3097 times)

Etrsi_645

LR4: lrtemplates, plugins, and presets question..
« on: March 06, 2012, 02:27:24 pm »

hi all,

If in LR3.6 I had "store suchnsuch? with catalog, then do I have to copy all lrtemplates, plugins, and presets into the proper LR4 folder structure?  It appears so, I think.   In the plugin manager in LR4 the plugins are all appearing in the LR3.6 folder structure, so they appear to be available to LR4, just under the old LR3.6 folder structure.
Pentax K-5 with lenses: DA* 16-50 f/2.8,

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: LR4: lrtemplates, plugins, and presets question..
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 01:59:46 am »

If in LR3 you told Lightroom to put the presets, etc. with the catalog, within the folder where the catalog is will be a 'Lightroom settings' folder. Within that folder will be all of your presets, etc.

My folder structure looks like this:

Pictures
    Camera(s)
        Year
            Month, etc.
    Lightroom (this is is the folder where all of my Lightroom catalogs are)
        Lightroom Settings
            Develop Presets, etc.

By putting all of my catalogs in one folder, they all share the same Lightroom Settings folder, and by having both images and catalogs, etc. under Pictures, backing up the Pictures folder backs up everything.  YMMV!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

sniper

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 03:53:37 am »

Whats the situation with develop presets in v4, will the presets made in 3 still work as the sliders have changed, and will the effect be different with process 2012?

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 02:28:25 am »

Well... it depends.  If you have an image in PV2010 in LR4 and apply an old preset it will work as you expect it.  If you have an image in PV2010, apply an old preset and then convert it to PV 2012, LR will try to alter the sliders but it may not look like what you expect.  If you have an image in PV2012 and apply an old preset, it seems LR will change what can be changed (white balance, clarity, exposure for example), but it won't change things like Recovery or Fill Light because those don't exist in PV 2012.

Mike.

sniper

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:13:24 pm »

Thanks Mike.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 10:51:25 pm »

You're most welcome!  It's what we do for each other here.  Okay... mostly...  ;D

Mike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up