Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4 Full version - Slow with secondary display  (Read 1533 times)

Pete_G

LR4 Full version - Slow with secondary display
« on: March 06, 2012, 11:38:36 am »

Messing around with the new release of LR4 today. I'm noticing a real slow down when using the exposure sliders, they become very sticky and sluggish, taking seconds to respond. It's almost unusable. I'm on an HP Z800, 6 core Xeon, Nvidia FX3800, Win 7 Pro 64. If I switch off my secondary monitor these problems go away, it's fine.

I've noticed that this issue has been mentioned on the Adobe forum.

I'm working on an older image, Hasselblad CFV that has been switched to 2012 process, and it would seem that adding noise reduction and sharpening makes the exposure sliders particularly sluggish, so my workaround will be to hold off on certain processes until as late as possible and failing that switch to a single monitor setup for now, but this must be a bug, I never had these problems with LR3.

Anyone having similar trouble? Is this happening with Macs?

paulturton

Re: LR4 Full version - Slow with secondary display
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 03:18:05 pm »

Using a secondary monitor in the develop module I get similar problems when trying to use the sliders. AMD64 quad core, 8 GB RAM, ATI 5760, Win 7 Home 64 bit here. Using a single monitor for LR4 is the only solution I find. This is he same issue that LR4 beta has.

Pete_G

Re: LR4 Full version - Slow with secondary display
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 03:37:52 pm »

Your hardware is quite different to mine, and re-reading the Adobe forums, Mac users were getting this problem, so it would really seem to be a fault in LR4. Adobe must be aware of this. I guess we have to wait until LR4.1 for a fix; at least there are workarounds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up