Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with LR4 new videos  (Read 29195 times)

David Hufford

Re: Problems with LR4 new videos
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2012, 03:39:51 am »

I got 'em all too---the off-peak time was a bit more convenient for me in Japan.

It took a while, but LR4 isn't going anywhere, and I'll have the weekend to watch. I could usually tell within a few minutes if they would be successful or not by the speed they started downloading at. Anything expected to take more than an hour often failed, so I'd just cancel as soon as I saw that, and try again later.
*Never fall in love with anything that c

AlexG

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2012, 06:29:49 am »

I got them all dowloaded...a little slow but worth the wait. Absolutely "no" problems with any corrupted files! Now, I will seat back and enjoy the contents. BTW Jeff...good trim ;D

Keep them coming folks!

Alex

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 06:35:09 am »

All downloaded now  ;)

I surmise that as the new ones are released they will be 'announced'???
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

jeremyrh

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2012, 07:37:09 am »

I found that Firefox worked better than Safari. No idea why that should be, and it could have just been chance ...

Rob Keijzer

• http://www.faces-and-stuff.nl
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2012, 04:12:11 pm »

I'm still not able to download one single LR4 file from my account. I use several computers (Mac's and pc's) at different locations, but it doesn't work.

This in spite of LL website now reporting that it should be OK.

I mostly use Firefox. When I try to D/L a file, it predicts  to take an hour and ahalf or so. Fine. But every file so far is corrupt after this long download session.

Something must be structurally wrong. I haven't experienced this with any of the prior LL video file over the years.

I'm particularly pissed-off because of the time and bandwidth that I wasted. If my download attempts were rejected at the start, because of the load, as many times as I have tried to get the files now, I would have appreciated that is was busy, but, instead, I had to download files endlessly at nighttime and all, only to find that EVERY FILE was corrupt in the end.

And when this is going to take weeks, the next installments will seemlessly put the next overload upon the server.

If the number of people that bought the series is so huge and uncomparable to earlier tutorial videos (which I hope for the makers), then I reckon that the number of payments must have crashed Paypal in a comparable manner.

I very much like the work of Michael, Jeff and Chris, and I will always be a fan of LL because I learned from you the most, but now I'm irritaded.

Rob

aduke

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »

I am in the process of download right now. The first four were apparently downloaded and extracted correctly , although a lot slower than I would have liked.
This is on a Windows 7 64bit system on a Core i7.

Alan

WallyM

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2012, 07:35:34 pm »

I downloaded the last three of the completed segments last night between around 9pm and midnight PST, give or take, with no problems.  I just started them and later when I noticed one was done I checked it and then started the next one.  They downloaded error free at about 50 Kbps.

Of the 13 videos downloaded over several days I had to re-download 2, and those two were originally downloaded Tuesday afternoon/night during the peak of the problems before I realized what was happening.

FWIW - Mac Snow Leopard, Firefox 10.0.2
Wally
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:37:13 pm by WallyM »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up