Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: scanning infrared black-and-white negatives  (Read 11593 times)

redeyereeves

Re: scanning infrared black-and-white negatives
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 01:36:37 am »

Hi Bart,

The scanner is a Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400. I am using an imac with OS 10.5.6.

I did a test with the Minolta software and that came out fine, like before. The lines on the Vuescan are horizontal across the scan (along the long side of the 35mm neg as it is drawn into the scanner). If I dump Vuescan in the trash and reinstall I just put in my serial number again right? Maybe this would solve the problem?

Best, Martin.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 06:28:01 am »

Hi Bart,

The scanner is a Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400. I am using an imac with OS 10.5.6.

I did a test with the Minolta software and that came out fine, like before. The lines on the Vuescan are horizontal across the scan (along the long side of the 35mm neg as it is drawn into the scanner). If I dump Vuescan in the trash and reinstall I just put in my serial number again right? Maybe this would solve the problem?

Hi Martin,

Ah, I have the same scanner (model 1). Given that the very periodic banding is in the slow-scan direction, which is a rare condition, there might be a software issue that causes it. If reinstalling with the latest version doesn't help, I'd suggest dropping Ed Hamrick a line. When you add a log file as per his instructions, he can diagnose the data stream. You can point to this thread for some of the things that were already discussed. When I find some time (not likely to be the case soon) I might try if it is something I can reproduce on my Windows platform (although that would introduce another variable).

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

redeyereeves

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 12:53:55 am »

Hi Bart,

Thanks again for the info. I will try reinstalling the software later and if that fails will get in touch with Ed Hamrick... will get back with the results...

Best, Martin.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up