Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A landscape in Kenya  (Read 1060 times)

rahimin3d

• The Nomadic Kenyan
A landscape in Kenya
« on: March 05, 2012, 01:35:59 am »

Hi All,

I've been working on bettering my landscape shots with different techniques, after a lot of working out between HDR and Exposure fusion, I came to the conclusion that i would find a method that works for me.

This is done using a technique that works on both the Luminosity masks and Manual Exposure fusion of images. The entire process takes between 3 - 5 Mins to complete ( on a well spec'd machine ).

I'd love your opinions on the final product attached.
Rahim M Kara
POCP
Apple & Adobe Certified Pro

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
Re: A landscape in Kenya
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 03:09:04 am »

Did you really need to use multiple exposures for this scene? At first sight, it does not seem to have too much contrast for a single shot. And a humble comment about the final result: the top-left part of the sky looks artificially darker than the lower-right part; something similar also happens on the grass, there are zones lighter than others.

Just my two cents.

rahimin3d

• The Nomadic Kenyan
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:24:51 am »

Hi Edu,

Thanks for the up's on the light & dark areas, I'll pay more attention to it.

I have attached the image I began with as a starting point for you to understand what work has been done.

I hadn't taken multiple exposures for the image, the final shot was a product from one photograph. I believe my phrasing was incorrect on the post.

Using the single image, I was able to produce three different exposures which I manually fused using Photoshop.

I then applied luminosity masks to it and gave it a subtle punch.

( really like your work btw. )

I was quite excited about getting this form of a result from a single image and thought I'd share and get opinions.

Rahim.
Rahim M Kara
POCP
Apple & Adobe Certified Pro

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 05:22:18 pm »

Hi Edu,

Thanks for the up's on the light & dark areas, I'll pay more attention to it.

I have attached the image I began with as a starting point for you to understand what work has been done.

I hadn't taken multiple exposures for the image, the final shot was a product from one photograph. I believe my phrasing was incorrect on the post.

Using the single image, I was able to produce three different exposures which I manually fused using Photoshop.

I then applied luminosity masks to it and gave it a subtle punch.

( really like your work btw. )

I was quite excited about getting this form of a result from a single image and thought I'd share and get opinions.

Rahim.

I'm curious to see the starting point you mention, and I'm curious to see it... did you attach it? Thanks.

jhemp

• Glad to be alive and a photographer
    • Jay Hemphill Photography
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 10:16:52 pm »

I'm sorry but that image is not working!  It looks like you had to really push things in your development phase.  I'd start over.
Pages: [1]   Go Up